Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Is GWB drinking again

I know this isn't the greatest source in the world but they are right sometimes.

Bush is a Drunk
Old 09-30-2005, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Is GWB drinking again

2nd or 3rd gossip column I've read about this - very interesting -

it raises real interesting questions about the competence of the commander in chief - alcoholics in politics are nothing new, but someone like Senator Kennedy can only do so much damage - GWB can [censored] up the whole world pretty easily.

RB
Old 09-30-2005, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His worried wife yelled at him: "Stop, George."

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, investigative reporting at its finest.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:34 AM

Who cares?
Old 09-30-2005, 01:38 AM

Did he ever stop? I can't imagine a sober person making some of the [censored] up decisions that George has made. If he was drunk during Katrina, that would help explain why he was so slow to act. Maybe he blacked out for a couple of days or something.

In any event, they don't call him the Drunk Texas Prairie Monkey for nothing.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know this isn't the greatest source in the world but they are right sometimes.

Bush is a Drunk

[/ QUOTE ]

You're citing this as a reliable source of information? Oh, your qualifier, "...but they are right sometimes." makes it acceptable.

And I'm sure you know a broken watch is correct twice a day - unless it's a military 24hr.

Jeeze, Louise, quit acting so little girly, people. Make your case like an adult. If he's been on a bender, tell me your logic. I'll listen to a case presented with evidence of an intelligent thought process behind it.

You only serve as fodder for the likes of Ann Coulter, et al.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:34 AM

The article is one big lie -- I can't believe they would print that.

[ QUOTE ]
Eventually Bush denied using cocaine after 1992, then quickly extended the cocaine-free period back to 1974, when he was 28.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's another lie. I remember clearly -- he extended it back to '72.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:47 AM

I know there's a point where they say bullshit like that.

They then investigate thourghly and see if anyone can disprove it or if they missed documentation related to an arrest somewheres....

you know they gotta be sweating - somewhere in dead buzzard, WY there's a couple drug/drunk driving charges that got buried and Bush was just praying he can keep them from surfacing - [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] -

It's believed Gonzalez got him off jury duty or something in TX for a drunk driving case because they didn't want him under oath, on record as saying he got any DUI's so they could lie about it later - can't lie about it on the campaign trail if they have you on oath on a court record, so the trick is to not go to court - LOL -

of course, now that he's not running for election he doesn't have to hide anything anymore...

man, I had no respect for the man before, but Jim Bean? - Jesus - why not just drink listerine....fruck.

RB
Old 09-30-2005, 10:24 AM

It would explain some of recent press conferences. He was clearly under the influence of something during his first 'this is unacceptable" Katrina speech.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:00 AM

I thought one of the strangest things he ever did during the entire Katrina response was when he went to New Orleans and amidst all this human suffering, he was gleefully reminiscing about the good old days when he used to party in New Orleans. Not only was it a very politically unsavvy thing to say, but I think it did reveal someone who still romanticized his drinking. I don't know if this small incident changes the odds on anything. Probably just a little at best. But I, for one, would not be surprised if this story was true. Since it's the National Enquirer, I wouldn't be surprised if it was false either.