Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Continue with ATs?

My open-raise was a bit on the light side, but I guess it's not a big deal. It was a tight table and I expected the raise to give me the pot unchallanged most of the time.

Would you continue this hand on this flop? If so, would you raise or call? The small blind is quite tight (about 17% pf) and a bit rocky. The BB is somewhat looser and both players occationally shows some aggression (not the ideal opponents i guess).

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ???
Old 01-06-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Continue with ATs?

I would call. You have a gutshot a backdoor straight draw and an overcard.

The pot is big enough to see the turn.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:19 PM

Against 2 other opponents I'd say you have 4 outs to the Q, 1.5 outs to the backdoor flush, 2 outs to the A for a total of 7.5 outs. You only need about 6.3:1 to call and you're getting 7:1. You also have position on both opponents and if you do hit on the turn and they bet into you you can raise.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:19 PM

you're probably beat now, but its 1 bet to call an 8 bet pot. You have 4 Queen outs, 3 Ace outs, and 1 out for the bd flush. You definitely have odds to call. If I was feeling a little frisky I might even raise to knock out the SB and hopefully see a free river but getting 3-bet would suck, so you'd need a good read on your opponent. But this is a definite call.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:01 PM

Against fish I would raise this without second thought, but these players are potentially dangerous...

I don't like calling at all. I'm a bit troubled about SB's pre-flop call. He's a tight player and I don't think he would call this with crap. If he has an ace it is almost certainly better than mine, leaving me with 5.5 outs and with a king he probably would raise my weak looking call cutting my odds in half.

If I raise, I'm paying too much if I'm not getting the free card (which I don't think I would get if any of them has a decent hand), but I guess that would be the better option given that it must look quite scary from their perspective and it probably would make SB fold a better ace...

Maybe it was weak but I actually folded this hand.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:06 PM

I'd call this, if the turn don't bring me a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], a A or a Q, I'll fold to a bet.

-aron
Old 01-06-2005, 03:08 PM

I raise to make him think I have AK and take a free card on the turn or fold without a Q, [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], or A if bet into.

-d