Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Fright night

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Was there a potential overcall, as well? If you lose the overcall you don't win anything extra at all by raising when you have the best hand. You simply expose yourself to more risk for those times when you have the worst.

[/ QUOTE ]

No there wasn't an overcaller in my situation, but maybe I'm missing something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, that's huge.

And MHIG he had A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Respectfully. I disagree. If the overcaller folds but you get 1, 2, or 3 more bets out of the other guy when you have the best of it then you're getting a better return. As I see it you call, overcaller calls so you get +1 BB. If you raise, overcaller folds, first bettor calls, that's +1 BB. If you raise overcaller folds and it goes to 3 or 4 bets, and YHIG you get +2 or +3BB. As I said previously, if you've got the best hand even slightly better than 1/2 the time you have to raise.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But, given that you have a read on one Villan as having the IQ of cheese, and no usable read on the other Villan...

[/ QUOTE ]

Although you have taken quite a while to figure it out, I knew that the "other villain" had an A high flush or a straight flush to the K. At the time I thought this was quite useful information. Pardon me if I was mistaken.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Although you have taken quite a while to figure it out, I knew that the "other villain" had an A high flush or a straight flush to the K. At the time I thought this was quite useful information. Pardon me if I was mistaken.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Blah blah blah Ginger blah blah blah." - Gary Larson, "The Far Side"

I believe you hear me, but are not listening to me. You did not KNOW what he had. You thought he would play a certain set* of hands this way, you excluded any other hand he might play this way, and you're justifying your play with the age-old, "But, I won."

Your reasoning and thought process were good. But, because you allowed yourself to get locked into a "read" that wasn't supported, you missed bets. In this situation, for every time one of the Villans have the K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] there are going to be 3 or 4 times that they don't. If you get 4 more bets when they don't and lose 2 more when they do, you profit. So by playing this so softly you are losing money in the long run.

(*Edit: I'm going to correct myself. You came up with two possible cards he might be holding, and decided that must be it.)