Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 07:09 PM

Default 2+2 is not readable, who do I complain to?

Dates are still totally random, reply orders are sometimes reversed, sometimes not, new posts are not bolded, show all users posts can only be done like once every 5 minutes.

This is unbelievable that they would totally screw up something that was perfect to begin with. Who do I even complain to?
Old 10-31-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: 2+2 is not readable, who do I complain to?

[ QUOTE ]
Dates are still totally random

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't true, and most people have figured it out by now. I'll come back with a link which somewhat explains it in just a moment.

*EDIT*
Here you go

[ QUOTE ]
new posts are not bolded, show all users posts can only be done like once every 5 minutes

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been reported. Your thread will not get answers any faster. Try to have patience or just use flat mode.

[ QUOTE ]
his is unbelievable that they would totally screw up something that was perfect to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't perfect, and the new software is ultimately going to help the forum stay running much faster that it had been previously. Many of these issues people are whining about are simply settings that were reset to a default when software was loaded. Again, try to have some patience while these things get looked at.

[ QUOTE ]
Who do I even complain to?

[/ QUOTE ]

You complain to me if want someone to yell at.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:09 PM

I have a question. Do you have to be a mod to be able to change your name, Angry?
Old 10-31-2005, 08:46 PM

Why wouldnt the dates be arranged chronilogically rather than in inversed upside down trees???
Old 10-31-2005, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a question. Do you have to be a mod to be able to change your name, Angry?

[/ QUOTE ]

No
Old 10-31-2005, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why wouldnt the dates be arranged chronilogically rather than in inversed upside down trees???

[/ QUOTE ]

The trees aren't upside down.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You complain to me if want someone to yell at.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, you guys can stop sending me PMs now. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I was specifically talking to Red. You guys can all yell at whoever you want, but pretty much every issue currently being brought up is something the people in charge are well aware of.

Be patient, and the answers will come.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who do I even complain to?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-31-2005, 11:36 PM

Dates may not be random, but some forums have the posts in chronological order and some in reverse order.

Click on an original post and you may get the original post or you may get the next one, which may be the last one, or you may get the last one, which may be the one in the middle. Click the back button to get back to the original post and you may get the last post or you may the next one. Click the back button again to get back to the original post and figure out where in the [censored] you are and you get dumped back to the forum, not the original post.

Telling people to use flat mode is silly. Flat mode sucks and always has if you want to read posts in order. You can't tell whether a post is a response to the one above or one ten above.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dates may not be random, but some forums have the posts in chronological order and some in reverse order.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but I'm tired of trying to explain it and am beginning to lack sympathy for those who can't figure it out.

[ QUOTE ]

Telling people to use flat mode is silly. Flat mode sucks and always has if you want to read posts in order

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Most everyone has always loved flat mode much more than theaded. It has always been the more popular method of viewing. To suggest otherwise is truely silly.

Also, I don't know what you mean about flat mode not showing posts in order. Which order would you prefer they be in? Because they are now, and have always been, displayed in chronological order from first to the most recent.

[ QUOTE ]

Click on an original post and you may get the original post or you may get the next one, which may be the last one, or you may get the last one, which may be the one in the middle.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is supposed to go the most recent unread post, which is why so many people seem to think it's 'random'. Give the people in charge a few days to get the kinks worked out of this. Also, it should be mentioned that this has always been the default in flat mode.

[ QUOTE ]
Click the back button to get back to the original post and you may get the last post or you may the next one. Click the back button again to get back to the original post and figure out where in the [censored] you are and you get dumped back to the forum, not the original post

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, there is a current issue with the back button clearing half-finished posts and snapping your focus back to the top of a page. It's being looked into, and hopefully there will be an answer on this sometime within the next few days. But I'm not making any promises here, because this could be one of the things we are just stuck with. This alone will not warrant going back to the old software.

But it sounds to me like the issues you are having with the back button could easily be countered in the meantime. Just use flat mode. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]