Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2005, 08:30 AM

Default EPT televised programs (Barcelona and London)

Have these aired yet in the U.S.? I assume not, since nobody has posted about them. In Canada, the EPT is being aired on a cable channel, "The Score" (link). I found the Barcelona episode unwatchable. It was two hours long, and it seemed like there was twice as much time devoted to commercials as actual poker play. Eventually I bailed. I taped the London episode so I could ff through the ads and even then it was neither interesting nor entertaining. The main commentator was a very annoying Irish guy, I didn't catch his name. The other one was an English guy named either John Duffy or John Duthie who had won some tournament once and then retired from poker. The interviewer was a British woman named Caroline something whose main qualification was large breasts.

I've never seen the WPT so I don't know how it compares, but these two EPT episodes were deadly dull.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:08 AM

Default Re: EPT televised programs (Barcelona and London)

I think the Irish guy is Colin Murray, a radio DJ who's been on the UK Celebrity poker shows.

John Duthie won the first Poker Million tournament (when the prize actually was £1million, unlike now). He works in television and is one of the founder/organisers of the EPT.

The coverage is better than some UK productions I've seen but is by no means fantastic. Hopefully, it'll improve over time. Its still early days yet.

Sheriff