Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 04:39 PM

Default I just can\'t fold a big pot to one bet (hi-low)

7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.25 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (2.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls

4th Street - (17.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (11.00 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

6th Street - (15.00 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (19.00 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___folds
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets___calls (all-in)

Total pot: (24.96 BB)
Not sure why seat 3 never raised, but I took that as a sign that I should just try to go for runner runner [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
(If seat 7 wasn't almost all in on the river, i would not have raised there.)
Old 09-29-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: I just can\'t fold a big pot to one bet (hi-low)

nm... didn't see that this was Stud 8.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:07 PM

You gotta fold on 5th street.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:07 PM

Honestly, I really hate your call on 5th street, you have no reason to believe you will end up getting any of the pot at all. You have a 3-card wheel and a 3-card spade flush with your suit dead... on 5th street. Against an AA3.

Mike
Old 09-29-2005, 05:20 PM

I also have a slightly dead 3broadway too [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

That i said I don't really like my call here either. Even if I catch perfect i sitll might have to fold 6th and could be drawing dead already.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:27 PM

Taking one off on fourht is definitely correct, the pot is huge, but I think you have to fold on fifth, sure the pot is big and you close the action, but you are drawing to half the pot almost every time unless you can catch a miracle straight, and you have to hit runner for a low to even have a chance at half the pot. Maybe I'm too tight for such a big pot, but I fold fifth
Old 09-29-2005, 05:31 PM

naw i don't think you're too tight. I'm pretty sure 5th is a fold too. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2005, 06:26 PM

Just ran some twodimes... on fifth I was

1:32 to scoop
1:27 to win high
1:10 to win low

thats
1:30 to win both
and
1:7.3 to win half

So I'm getting slightly better than 1:10 on my money. The pot is 14BB when it comes back to me and I close the action.

If I hit, i'll get about 25% pot equity so I'll no longer be losing money to draw out. If I miss, I can fold without putting in anymore. And this is presuming everyone has what they are representing. If seat 3 doesn't have a good 4low and seat 7 doesn't have trip aces, my equity goes up significantly.

Thus even though my fifth streeth call looks as ugly as sin, it was actually the correct move. Thoughts?
Old 09-29-2005, 06:53 PM

Damn, I don't need another reason to keep taking cards off, that's my biggest problem already [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Now the next time I start off with 3 pieces to a wheel and catch 2 bricks in a multi-way pot, I'll be thinking about your post
Old 09-29-2005, 07:03 PM

And I have to add... sucking out is a lot more fun than getting sucked out on. Don't give up an opportunity to ride the other side if you get a good chance to [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]