Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 10:04 PM

Default 5/10-- Winning after 50K with 30% Went to Showdown-- Stats post.

Here's my stats for 50000 hands. I need help on getting to showdown much more. Optimally 35ish. I have no idea how to get to showdown more. I make a lot of A-high calldowns... but I tend to fold bottom or midpair alot when an Ace falls. I'm not sure what I should be doing to get to showdown more. I feel that no matter how much I call (without getting to the point of being fishy), I still am way too low on the showdowns.

I tried to move up to 10/20 but I got outplayed and pushed out of many pots. I don't think I'm playing weak-tight... but apparently I must be with this low showdown. Any advice about this and other improvements are welcome and appreciated.

--O
Old 08-11-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Re: 5/10-- Winning after 50K with 30% Went to Showdown-- Stats post.

Mainly babbling here, but I think not being very aggressive/bluffy will lower your WTSD, like if you're giving up on your semibluffs early. I don't know, these numbers are very style dependent, and many different styles work. Your win rate is excellent, I wouldn't worry too much. My win rate is good too, but my numbers look really different than yours. I'm like 37 WTSD/50 W$SD, though that 50 number is coming up as I learn not to pay off so damn much.

ZZZ
Old 08-11-2005, 11:36 PM

WOw this looks like my PT stats. Cept that my win at SD is 52%. The old bad beat factor and only 4,200 hands. 3 really ugly nights.

Almost forgot. It looks good. You play a lot more than I do. Just play your best and win pots. The one thing I probably do different than you is I play 2 tables and try to read the players more. Catch those constant bluffers.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:45 PM

Thing is, your tight, plus you dont go all the way often. If you were looser, you could be forgiven.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:51 AM

Isoraise more. It brings up your PFR and since you will be in position you will see more cheap/free showdowns with marginal hands.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:49 AM

not every winning player that i know has a super high "went to showdown". a lot do. most do. but its not a recipe to be a winning player.

BUT, if you are determined to do a 30 WentToShowdown, your winning % there should be closer to 58. You need to snap off a few more bluffs on the river. 50k is a solid sample..and maybe u didnt run so hot, but normally it should be closer to 58ish.