Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 07:59 PM

Default Re: No Pre Flop Play Analysis Please

[ QUOTE ]
river check is good, because its HU in a dry sidepot and you got counterfeited, its hard to see what MP calls with that you beat

[/ QUOTE ]

MP checks with Ax. I do not understand why he would not bet trips on the river. What is his thought process that causes him to stay in this hand and then not bet the winner? He had an ace, the only thing that I could have had that beat him was and ace with a 3,7,T, or higher kicker. If he is going to be so damn passive on the river then why would he stay in the hand?
Old 12-05-2005, 08:07 PM

He saw your aggression on the turn and was looking to c/r your ass.

BTW, I don't despise your limp, but I do love you disparaging the "play any two" crowd, playign 10-7s from MP.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:14 PM

If you are going to play this kind of hand preflop, you should be confident that you are going to play it correctly postflop.

If you aren't concerned with MP1 having an Ace on the flop, then you should be betting the river.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, I don't despise your limp, but I do love you disparaging the "play any two" crowd, playign 10-7s from MP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you have a point!!!
Old 12-05-2005, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the T and 7 are dirty

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you mind explaining this concept? I have searched for "dirty" and can only get returns with Helmouth in them.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Again with the guy going all-in, drawing to 2nd pair becomes a lot more sketch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not thought about it in these terms. In fact I was thinking that a side pot improved my position. If I understand you you are saying that I was on a marginal draw and that by one of the two villians going all in that I am reducing my payoff odds if I win.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2) Stop being a jackass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry if you think that I am being a jackass. Well actually I don't care. It is not like anyone that post here is going to win the Miss Congeniality award. I am just looking for comments on my post flop play. If I gave a reason I would have been flamed for making the post less readable. It seems that some of the geniuses here are not here to teach but to bully and make themselves self important. One of the favorite ways is to rag everyones preflop play, fein a superiority issue, and then act hurt if someone calls a spade a spade.

In your post you specifically posted a comment that was exactly what I said I was not interested in. Then you went back to edit it so that you could repeat the comment and be a bigger bully. I wonder who is being the jackass.

Greg get a life you will be happier.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:55 PM

I do not get anything ... nothing ... why are you not betting on river ... Say that the guy all in has you beat, then you can still win a litte from the check'ster

Hell if you do not care about preflopchart, then why not go for the fancy play .. raise on the flop !! (pot odds are not in your favor but you are enchancing your image, show some strenght ... then cap it on the turn if possible ... whether you hit anything or not, they'll be sh*tting their pants and make 'great' laydowns on the River ... Now that is good poker .. just like the pros, it's all about willpower !!
Old 12-05-2005, 10:29 PM

What could MP1 have? Easy. He made his flush, and since you raised the turn he's planning to check/raise you.

Preflop: Comments not allowed.
Flop: Easy fold, small pot, an ace on the board and 4 opponents. (All fish play all aces all the time.)
Turn: Raise since you now beat the aces.
River: Check since you don't want to get check/raised by the flush or trip aces.

If you think your preflop play was incorrect, just admit it and suck it up. Telling people not to comment on it, and then scolding them when they do, won't get you anywhere.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:37 PM

Why ask for help if you don't want it?