Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 12-16-2005, 02:58 AM

Default Alcoholic gambling addicted lady accidentally gives me a pot

Local B&M game, here's the story:

Playing live, an old woman, at least 80 years old sits down to me. She can't push her own chair in, so she leans over and asks me to help her sit closer to the table. She thanks me after I do.

She proceeds to shuffle her last few bucks in chips and comments to me how badly she's stuck tonight, waiting for her husband to quit the local 8/16 game. I tell her maybe she should just cut her losses and go home, she laughs and says "Oh son, you don't know the problems I've got. I hope you never have to go through what I've gone through."

She orders a vodka sour, no sour; it comes and she drinks it down in one gulp. Over the next few hands she orders another and another, not playing one hand. It's pretty obvious that she's a rock.

Since we're on the end of the table, she moves to the left of the dealer to get a better look at the board. She orders a few more vodkas, drinking them down in the same fashion.

Then the hand comes; I get dealt QJs in late position, no limpers. I raise, and she reraises out of the SB everyone folds and I call. The flop comes Q62 rainbow and I check raise her, since she hasn't shown down a hand yet, just folding.

She looks at me carefully, calls; I bet the blank turn and she thinks for a long time and calls. I bet the river out of desperation since I know I'm behind and she looks down at her hand and says "Sonny, I bet you got three twos" and throws out her bucks.

I just say, "No, I bet you have a better queen" and table my hand. The dealer pushes up the queen. The old woman looks at her hand disgusted and mucks it. The dealer saw the womans hand since she was right by him and he grabs it and looks at it again, because she can't see it. He flashes me her hand, AQ, and pushes me the pot.

The pot is sitting right in front of my stack and I know exactly which chips were in the pot that was just pushed to me.

After the hand the dealer tells her to table her hands after they're done so that they can be read and the old lady starts saying that I was cheating and that I said I had three queens.

The pot is still in front of my stack, what would you have done?
Old 12-16-2005, 03:05 AM

Default Re: Alcoholic gambling addicted lady accidentally gives me a pot

Part of your edge is that you aren't an alcoholic. You obviously didn't cheat to win this pot. She might as well have folded, would you want to give her the pot then?

She would have to pry those chips from my cold dead hands, personally.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The pot is still in front of my stack

[/ QUOTE ]
I figure you would have racked this up and gone home by now. Are you posting from a laptop with WiFi? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 03:36 AM

she mucked its her fault
Old 12-16-2005, 03:39 AM

lol, I was just dumbfounded and I didn't know what to do... I guess the moral side of me was bugging me and I thought I'd post and ask you guys what you thought, even though she mucked.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The dealer saw the womans hand since she was right by him and he grabs it and looks at it again, because she can't see it. He flashes me her hand, AQ, and pushes me the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is the dealer retrieving a mucked hand? I think I would have asked Al to kick him in the nuts.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The flop comes Q62 rainbow and I check raise her, since she hasn't shown down a hand yet, just folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

you said she was in the SB
Old 12-16-2005, 04:05 AM

sorry, I think she was button rather, I"m mixing up hands
Old 12-16-2005, 04:40 AM

teabag
Old 12-16-2005, 04:43 AM

why would you call a reraise against a rock oop with QJs?

Thats the real problem here