Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 02:48 AM

Default $22 bubble short stack is all in

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button (t590)
SB (t3495)
Hero (t2125)
UTG (t1790)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button is all in (590), SB calls, Hero calls t290.

Flop: (t1180) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t1000</font>, Hero??

I was hoping to just check it down, but SB apparently doesn't want to. He probably has an ace and wants to protect it. Do I call with the nut flush draw? If I call and lose, I could still get 3rd place if SB wins.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:58 AM

Default Re: $22 bubble short stack is all in

I muck, seems as though sB likes his hand and will hopefully take it down, i dont see any point in putting your money in here your still good shape
Old 11-10-2005, 03:09 AM

I agree that folding is the best option. He probably has an Ace and you still having plenty of chips and FE if you fold, obviously you cant call, but pushing here wouldn't be the worse play in the world I don't think. Your probably much more experienced then me splash but I was just giving you my measley two cents worth if it helps. If you do fold and he turns over something like QJ ( which i'm sure you as well as I have seen happen) then I berate him...might not be the smartest or most polite thing to do but in these situations where the guy is obviously braindead I can't help myself...
Old 11-10-2005, 03:15 AM

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced SB is a moron no matter what he has. If he has an A, no heart, he'd be stupid to drive me out because the Button could have a heart draw. If he has a made flush, he'd still be afraid of the heart draw because he doesn't have the nut flush.

I still think calling is a viable option because it would suck if I fold, the heart comes, and shortie wins the pot. Can anyone convince me why I shouldn't call this?

Edit: You can't even say idi.ot without being censored?
Old 11-10-2005, 04:14 AM

I haven't seen a lot of cooperation in the $22s -- plenty of times people push each other off the pot with the shortstack waiting with all his chips in.

I think SB would have raised the Button to isolate him if he had an Ace. He also has enough chips to attempt a bluff without knocking himself out of the game if it doesn't work.

I'd be tempted to push here. Even if he has a hand, you may already have the flush, an ace, or even a jack with a better kicker. This is an opportunity to get a lot closer to the $100 -- but a very dangerous one.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:27 AM

I honeslty cannot see him folding to you pushing here. It would 1.1k more to him and if he is an [censored] then he will call with any part of the flop.

I would fold and then see he turn over an ace or a Q.

Calling seems terrible becuase what if u miss on the turn, do u call your remaining 1.1k?

I would fold and wait for a better spot. By raising or calling you are risking alot on a draw on the bubble when there is no guarntee that shorty will go out if you miss the draw.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I honeslty cannot see him folding to you pushing here. It would 1.1k more to him and if he is an [censored] then he will call with any part of the flop.

I would fold and then see he turn over an ace or a Q.

Calling seems terrible becuase what if u miss on the turn, do u call your remaining 1.1k?

I would fold and wait for a better spot. By raising or calling you are risking alot on a draw on the bubble when there is no guarntee that shorty will go out if you miss the draw.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's actually only 500-something more for him to call if I push. And I know he won't fold. But that's not the point. The point is A) I have a great draw, B) chance of Button busting this hand increase a lot if I call, C) Button has to beat both of us and SB has to beat me for me to finish in 4th, D) If I win the hand, I'm in commanding position to play for first.

Is this enough to call?
Old 11-10-2005, 07:02 AM

No, it's not, in my opinion. This looks like a fold.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:13 PM

No i would still fold. If you had a pair or something with the draw then yes but if you miss the heart draw then you are likely gone. I mean what do you think button is pushing here? If you miss i would guess button could beat your ace high.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:36 PM

1st or 3rd baby. It's plays like this that would help to take a bite out of that mountain of 2nds in my distribution graph. But something tells me this is still a fold.