Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 10:38 PM

Default Foxwoods Starting Day Pick

you can either choose to play day 1 of the foxwoods wpt on either next sunday or monday? what do people think is the better choice? i would assume more of the satellite winners would pick sunday and the pros would choose monday so they could leave mashantuckett ct quickly?? any thoughts
?
Old 11-06-2005, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods Starting Day Pick

Is this true? Anyone going via PokerStars ?
Old 11-07-2005, 01:05 AM

Im not sure, I qualified on Full Tilt and have not been given a choice. But i know of someone who won through paradise, who gotto choose his day. Im a little confused myself, and hope when I arrive saturday everthing will be explained to me.
-LL
Old 11-07-2005, 03:40 AM

I'd choose Sunday. Days are long and a break after your day one is a very nice thing. Some people playing the last first day of the main event were quite tired after playing some 15 1/2 hours and having to play within about 8 1/2 hours the next day.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:55 AM

as of yesterday if you bought in directly or won a satellite you could pick your day. dont know if this will change if too many people pick the same day (i think they can accomodate about 350 per day). i assume they will have 400 + people minimum so i guess this could change.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
as of yesterday if you bought in directly or won a satellite you could pick your day. dont know if this will change if too many people pick the same day (i think they can accomodate about 350 per day). i assume they will have 400 + people minimum so i guess this could change.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last year they went through periods of letting players choose and then not letting players choose. It seemed to depend on who was taking your money and how many they had on each day at the time. I really wanted to play the first day so I waiting around the buy in area until I found an opportunity to buy in specifically for day one.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:48 PM

I won through paradise and got to choose. I really didn't matter much to me, but my parents wanted to see some of the tourney, so I chose Sunday. Originally, I kinda wanted to just play and not have the break, but now I am looking forward to Monday off.