Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Best compliment you\'ve ever been given

The first time I ever played, um, a card game recently made popular, with Tommy Angelo, he whipped out a notebook and jotted something down. I looked at him curiously, and then he said he just wrote something down about me. My further curious looks led to no more information.

later, he emailed me and told me what it was....

"If I ever needed a disembodied brain as a power source, I'd want Josh".

I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not.

When I was a freshman in college, back home over the holidays, I was hanging out with a bunch of my friends who were still in highschool. They were all girls. One of them, Brooke, I had never met before...we just shared a group of mutual friends. I was pretty shy, but had a decent wit at the time. At the end of the day, she came up to me and said "Josh, I was dreading today [for various unimportant reasons], but you have kept me laughing all day. This has been one of the best days of my life".

This does not involve sex at all, but one time my girlfriend (before we were dating) and I were having a heart to heart. She broke down to the verge of tears, then said "you're just so.........GOOD".

And, ultimately, I think that's the best compliment possible.

Josh
Old 10-05-2005, 12:35 AM

Nice post. Thank you for attempting to revive this thread.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:56 AM

Inscribed on a book given to me as a gift:

"Dear __________
You probably don't have much reading time, but save this book. It's about the balance between hope and despair. This is the balance that you helped us walk while you saved ____'s life.
Good luck and fondest thoughts--
_____ and _____."
Old 10-05-2005, 01:35 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

this degenerated into a 'do you have a big dick?' poll even quicker than i thought it would
Old 10-05-2005, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this degenerated into a 'do you have a big dick?' poll even quicker than i thought it would

[/ QUOTE ]

I was afraid of that even as I was writing it.

Still got a few interesting responses so far, though.

I'm also getting the impression that, in general, we (as in, all of humanity) don't compliment one another nearly enough. It's hard for me to come up with a lot of memorable ones in my own life.

But that thought may be way too deep for OOT.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:02 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

well i would think that if a big dick complement is the best you've ever received, it probably means your dick isn't that big anyway. i mean, if you tell tom hanks he's a great actor, he'll say 'gee thanks'. ditto telling vonnegut he's your favorite author, or telling a hot girl she's hot, whatever. it's certainly a complement, but i think people usually aren't going to go for a gigantic and obvious strength as the thing they think is their favorite. it would be more like telling tom hanks that you hope you can be as good of a father as him when you have kids, or that the hot girl is the most trustworthy person you've ever known, etc.

now write a sonnet about the peerless beauty of an average looking girl, and you've perhaps produced the best complement she's ever had.

so congrats on the shitty thread and the perhaps-slightly-bigger-than-average dicks, you fags.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:21 AM

What book was it?
Old 10-05-2005, 02:24 AM

I've had a few people tell me I was the funniest person they'd ever met. It's funny cause it's true. Holla!
Old 10-05-2005, 02:28 AM

Great post. At least until the last sentence. Still a way above average post, though.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:35 AM

I hooked up with some 2+2'ers in a city once to play some poker - and after a wild night, with some drinking, chilling, and roulette, one of them said to me "Bro, out of all the 2+2'er's I've met who came here, you're probably the coolest one."

that just rocked.

Number Two might be the girl I love telling me during a heart to heart talk "Nobody ever treated me better then you do" But that's not number one because in the end, it wasn't good enough.

RB