Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2005, 11:49 AM

Default Derby Picks

A little early I admit, but after last weekend I thought some people may have a pony they like. So post your box and trifecta picks, and of course your win bet. Maybe I'll repost this after this weekend since there were some weak fields in the Illinois and Santa Anita.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Derby Picks

Right now,I like Bellamy Road, same as every other person out there. It will be interesting to see what Sun King(Zito) and High Limit (Frankel) do in the Blue Grass Stakes. As for the Arkanas Derby, I think it is a bit of a weak field. Top contenders, as I see it, are Flower Alley (Pletcher) and Greater Good (Holthus). I've been hearing things about Afleet Alex, but he's coming back from a lung infection.

After this weekend, we will have a better picture of who will be in the field for the derby. If anyone has picks for the preps this weekend, I will be interested in reading them.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:26 AM

high fly is the choice. he has done nothing wrong, beaten bandini, and totes the best jockey alive. he has early speed, is ratable, and has a dosage index that suggests 10F is not a problem. furthermore, he has a trainer who has won the derby before, has trained with no breaks or interruptions in his schedule, and comes into the derby as sound as can be.

he's as solid as a rock, and may be forgotten by the bettors. i like him quite a bit, and expect odds of at least 7-1.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:48 PM

High Fly is a very strong contender. He's my second choice right now behind Afleet Alex (subject to change). I'm trying to find some holes in Afleet Alex, but I can't. I'm counting on the probable top 2 choices to bounce badly( Bellamy Road and Bandini).

There are 3 longshots that I'm looking at in Consolidator, Flower Alley and Noble Causeway. This is shaping up to be a very good Derby. I'll post my final bets after the PP draw.

Good luck!