Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Should I buy into a Main event?

I would want a bankroll of at least 100 buy ins. So when you get a $1,000,000 BR then you should enter.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:35 PM

LOL Barron!

Is there any of us who couldnt use an extra $5K. (Not that it makes much of a difference, but that is the buyin I'm talking about)

Besides, I won enough to cover the buy-in at the Peppermill last month.-- I could look at that as my sattelite win.

I think I'm in the "take a shot" mode right now. Its not like I travel to go to big tourneys, and the circus is in town....
Old 03-16-2005, 05:37 PM

100 buy ins? Percentage of players in the WSOP that buy in that have $1M BR ?????

ok, how many sats would you play then?
Old 03-16-2005, 05:41 PM

100 buy-ins should be the benchmark for any tournaments you play regularly. There's nothing wrong with taking a shot at a bigger tournament occasionally, provided you don't go nuts.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:41 PM

Have fun!!

I think you're coming to the conclusion that whether or not it's a +ev move. If you have the money in your grouch bag and it's worth it to you for the fun/experience you'll have, then by all means go for it.

In another thread in this forum, I think I've reached the opposite conclusion personally, but hey I truly respect your decision.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
100 buy ins? Percentage of players in the WSOP that buy in that have $1M BR ?????

ok, how many sats would you play then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not many. But they are all playing outside of realistic BR requirements because they are mostly casual players who want to be on TV. And there's nothing wrong with that, it's just that this is what your BR should be if you are exclusively playing in 10,000 buy in tournaments.

I hate sats.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:58 PM

At the end of the day, you have to do what you want with your money and you know you far better than I (or anyone) does.

I just personally know too many guys fronting $5,000 and $10,000 for events when that's close to ALL of the money they have in their bankroll.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 03-16-2005, 06:47 PM

thats exactly what happened..hence his coming over the top even though he knew he was beat.

im not saying i played that hand well..even preflop i should either reraise or fold......but i was just nervous and a bit timid.....his big preflop raise UTG Ak was definitely possible, and i didnt want to throw too much out there. In normal games that messgae that i got ace usually makes others with lessor hands laydown..but not against this level on competition...

That was the point..mpre of a respect to the other guy to have the balls to come over the top confidently knowing hes got worse hand.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:51 PM

If you can afford, I would say to go for it. You will learn from the experience. I got to play in the 5 Diamonds at Bellagio in December and that 8 hours of play rose my level of play by a few notches. You can also get in through satellites for less money.

Frenchie
Old 03-16-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The question I am trying to ask is: How does one know he's ready to move up???

[/ QUOTE ]

By winning more sats?

Joe