Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 04:24 AM

Default Common situation

15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, SB folds.

Flop: (5 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

What is your plan here?
Old 04-12-2005, 06:08 AM

Default Re: Common situation

bet and fold if raised.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:16 AM

Looks like an ideal flop to take a stab at with a bet. MP seems like he would be most likely to raise with any ace hes playing rather than limp. SB I guess could have anything. No flush or likely strait draws available presently. Bet out and hope to take it. Obviously your folding to a raise and likely slowing down if called.

Mike Emery
Old 04-12-2005, 06:24 AM

I agree I should usually lead that flop, and frequently fold to a raise (but not always). What if I am called, the turn is a blank, I check, and he bets? Am I out of there?
Old 04-12-2005, 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What if I am called, the turn is a blank, I check, and he bets? Am I out of there?

[/ QUOTE ]

With no pair I would hope so. However, you could catch a spade on the turn along with a King or Ten making a bet again the correct move if you were called on the flop.

Mike Emery
Old 04-12-2005, 07:00 AM

This situation isn't that tough.

So say your plan is betfold the flop and checkfold the turn unimproved, an entirely reasonable line. If you really felt like it you could fire again on the turn but then that puts you in a tricky spot on the river, out of position wiht no hand having bet the flop and turn. A bet bet checkfold line is hideous, but so is firing another river bet when you opponent is at this point calling with any paired hand. What do you do if you find yourself in this spot?

How about these spots?

1. You bet the flop he calls. Turn is a spade and he raises you. River is a K or a T.

2. You bet the flop and the T turn and he calls you both times. Now a Q/J falls on the river.

3. You bet the flop and K/T turn. He raises you on the turn.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:06 PM

with a turn blank, check and fold if called by both oppts on flop, if your headup then bet it again and fold if raised.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:36 PM

It's common for SB to fold for 1 SB closing the betting? Not on tables I've played.... but I suspect you didn't want comment on that....

I check-call the flop. I don't bet out because I have to fold if I get raised. Also I assume that Villain doesn't have an Ace because it's easier to play then [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] and most of the Ace hands he'd be raising. So if he bets I can count my King or Ten as probably good outs, so if I say they count as 5 outs (plus my 2 backdoors to call it 6 plus my hand-is-good call it 8 and I can call 1 SB [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I check fold the turn unimproved.