Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Are the New PP 50-100 games any better than before....

....just wondering, I saw a few with avg pot sizes of ~800 at peak time. Are these any better than before now that Party has opened up two more tables?
Old 10-11-2005, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Are the New PP 50-100 games any better than before....

This isn't a "no they suck" don't play them advertisement to try to keep you guys out...but seriously they aren't good games. I've been discussing with dcfrths and I'll probably go play 20/40 and 30/60 and keep my eye out for good bigger games. They do exist but most of the time the games are shitty.

For instance 100/200 party 14.9% avg flops and 50/100 19%. I mean, some of the players aren't the worlds best post-flop players, but it's not worth the variance when there is a good lower game right around the corner.

I guess what I'm saying is if you're thinking about 'moving up' i almost surely wouldn't bother. Unless for the sole purpose of playing with good players...like you want the experiance....otherwise it's almost surely not +EV.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:08 PM

Definitely not thinking about moving up lol, but thanks for the imput BK. I guess I just saw the bigger avg pot sizes and thought maybe the games had gotten softer.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't a "no they suck" don't play them advertisement to try to keep you guys out...but seriously they aren't good games. I've been discussing with dcfrths and I'll probably go play 20/40 and 30/60 and keep my eye out for good bigger games. They do exist but most of the time the games are shitty.

For instance 100/200 party 14.9% avg flops and 50/100 19%. I mean, some of the players aren't the worlds best post-flop players, but it's not worth the variance when there is a good lower game right around the corner.

I guess what I'm saying is if you're thinking about 'moving up' i almost surely wouldn't bother. Unless for the sole purpose of playing with good players...like you want the experiance....otherwise it's almost surely not +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second this. These are tough games and the variance is brutal. One bad beat undoes 2 hours of grinding. Even worse, the people who do "suck" seem to be running really well thus far, and most of the players that I consider solid in that game have not been faring so well. The poker gods can be cruel.

Guess who is the biggest winner thus far in my database...

DERB.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:42 PM

DERB is one of the best regulars in the game... sry.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll probably go play 20/40 and 30/60 and keep my eye out for good bigger games.

[/ QUOTE ]

??
Old 10-11-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DERB is one of the best regulars in the game... sry.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should probably make this it's own thread, but just what is it you think that he does well?

It seems to me like he just plays a mechanical, very aggressive pre-flop game which, I won't argue, appears to be very effective, and somehow makes up for huge post-flop errors. His post flop game, however, seems to be brainless. I think 90% of every raise he has put in against me, he has been behind to at least me in the hand, if not multiple players. On top of that I have seen him miss the easiest of easiest value bets on the river. Personally, it appears to me like he never even considers what his opponents hand might be, like when he starts going monkey with A2 vs. 2 pre-flop raisers on an Axx board, raising out the guy with the QQ, just so he can lose even more to the guy holding AK -- of course he always catches his duece on the river, and that makes all the difference.

I'm genuinely curious, what does he do that makes you think he is so good? I'd like to learn what it is.

Nigel
Old 10-11-2005, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll probably go play 20/40 and 30/60 and keep my eye out for good bigger games.

[/ QUOTE ]

??

[/ QUOTE ]

"and keep my eye out for good bigger games"

That 300/600 game was a gem. Most of these 50/100 and 100/200 games are not.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

??

[/ QUOTE ]

"and keep my eye out for good bigger games"

That 300/600 game was a gem. Most of these 50/100 and 100/200 games are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Today you had the best seat in the house, to the left of LoisLane and Steve95 and you only sat for a few min? Whats the deal? I kept getting booted off the list. Puke.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:42 PM

he cheats.