Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 10:24 PM

Default Re: AA vs LoisLane and Erik1234

I think a call down is best because it looks like your behind. You've capped p/f and flop. Your telling him you have Aces, he don't care, he knows your not folding that big of a pot. Call it down.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a call down is best because it looks like your behind. You've capped the flop/turn. Your telling him you have Aces, he don't care, he knows your not folding that big of a pot. Call it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like you made an argument for folding!
Old 10-12-2005, 10:40 PM

too big of pot and too agro of a player to lay it down, but, I do think more often than not he's behind here.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just called, but am wondering if an argument can be made for 3betting

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's one:

He would likely feel obligated to try to knock Lois off a club with QQ or KK especially without a club himself and once she's gone he may just check-call the river.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's one:

He would likely feel obligated to try to knock Lois off a club with QQ or KK especially without a club himself and once she's gone he may just check-call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Pretending like AA is the only hand that a tough opponent will read hero for is ridiculous. Not that a 3 bet is necessarily right, but this isn't .5/1 where nobody caps a street without aces.
-James
Old 10-13-2005, 01:33 AM

doesn't TT JJ always cap here?
Old 10-13-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's one:

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Pretending like AA is the only hand that a tough opponent will read hero for is ridiculous. Not that a 3 bet is necessarily right, but this isn't .5/1 where nobody caps a street without aces.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely right, Erik's view of my hand range incudes TT+ here. Now i'm wondering if its better to 3bet right then and there or wait to raise a non-club river. The advantage of 3betting now is that i don't have to wait for a safe river card to drop, but disadvantage is maybe he folds JJ-KK(with no club) to the 3bet.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:34 AM

This is a great hand. I am positive that I would simply call down here, but am struggling to defend it.

Even if you are good here more than 50% of the time, that does not make a 3 bet correct, the exact equity you need to have here depends on how likely Erik is to cap a hand that beats you OR fold a hand you beat. The made flush/1 card flush draw also complicates matters, becuase if you are ahead, your equity is not as huge as it could be on a non-flush board some of time anyways.

The fact that Erik is more likely than most to make the correct decision here makes me still like calling down.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:28 PM

good post stox, but it seems to me like erik only folds a non club here, thus leaving him to cap the rest of range. big clubbed pairs in combination are outweighed by the remainer of the combinations, no? so he is likely to cap/call more of then than not. conceivably - and this is in theory only, no reason to call a club river?
Old 10-13-2005, 12:35 PM

I feel like Stox here. I'm sure I would always call down, but it is starting to feel like that is wrong.