Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 04:29 PM

Default AQs multiway

Is this standard? I have no read on MP3.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (12 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

River: (16 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 18 BB
Old 04-19-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: AQs multiway

Wow, lots of players heh.

I don't mind waiting until the turn here to try to get rid of five outers, or something. The pot is so huge that it's really difficult to protect your hand, but waiting until the turn might bet the best way to do that.

Given that you waited until the turn, checked and got the perfect action (checked to flop raiser who bets out) you HAVE to raise.

I think three-betting the flop might be better though, I will have to think about this one.

EDIT: Oh I would certainly have three-bet this preflop. Even OOP you likely have a huge equity overlap here and you should push it. You don't mind playing a tremendous multiway pot with AQs either, if that's what develops.

I agree that you should have checkraised the flop.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:35 PM

Check-raise that flop to knock out the 3 between you. SB and the poster don't really have to have great hands to have called pf and will be more likely to fold for 1 bet, anyway.

Call down if 3-bet.

-d
Old 04-19-2005, 07:07 PM

3-bet ATs+ PF out of the blinds with this many callers 100% of the time.