Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Favorite ignorances

[ QUOTE ]
6. Female-written fiction -- Read a bit of it, and liked some of it, but not much, and have actively disliked a lot that I've bumped into. Never picked up a Wharton, Bronte, etc. Frankly, fiction by women authors often feels claustrophobic, overworked, and trivial to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg you need to read some Flannery O'Connor!!

Edit: you outdid yourself with this line:

[ QUOTE ]
...uncomfortable feeling more and more that you get when you're with a girl who actually enjoys watching street mimes for a long, long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really good work.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:13 PM

I agree with many of your choices. 1, 2, 4, 8, 9, and 11 are all things my life can gladly do without.

I agree completely with football - I'm not American, but we get it on cable TV here sometimes, and... it's just sooo boring. Stop start stop start stop start. I don't get what's so fascinating about spending 4 - 5 hours watching a game with 1 hour of actual scheduled game time (is that right? if not, that proves my ignorance further [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]), and I don't care to either.

As for Rap / Pop, I'm blisfully ignorant of these. My music collection consists of classic rock, hard rock, heavy metal and some alternative stuff. I have only one album that's been released since 2000 (Fallen). I've no desire to expand my musical tastes.

Here's another one: Fishing. I have a friend who loves fishing. I've never been fishing, but for me, I can't possibly imagine anything that could be so excrutiatingly dull. You sit on your ass for what, 6? 7? 10 hours? Hoping for a brief moment of excitement every couple of hours when a fish nibbles at your line. I just cannot think of a more boring way to spend half a day. I have absolutely no interest in ever trying this.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:30 PM

yeah rap sucks it's all raping and murdering [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

p.s. football players rank as the stupidest people ever. in a different dimension they are manatees.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Foreign films. If they are not good enough to be made in English why should I bother to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a terrible pick.

I liked all of the OP's picks, especially 8, 9, and 10
Old 10-04-2005, 11:43 PM

i enjoy watching my own NFL football team play, but the whole stigma of "Monday Night Football" seems bizarre to me. i rarely watch. also college football. what enjoyment can you possibly get from watching your 80 scholarship state school with 20 percent graduation rate beat up on much smaller schools only to be arbitrarily decided whose best by judges at the end of the season. it seems like figure skating without hot asians.

moneyball among nerds. has oakland even made an LCS under billy beane???
Old 10-04-2005, 11:48 PM

Dancing. I can't dance for crap and have always wanted too learn.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i enjoy watching my own NFL football team play, but the whole stigma of "Monday Night Football" seems bizarre to me. i rarely watch. also college football. what enjoyment can you possibly get from watching your 80 scholarship state school with 20 percent graduation rate beat up on much smaller schools only to be arbitrarily decided whose best by judges at the end of the season. it seems like figure skating without hot asians.

moneyball among nerds. has oakland even made an LCS under billy beane???

[/ QUOTE ]

um the best college football, is the conference games, yes the first couple weeks are pretty boring, but when you start getting the FSU vs Florida, OU vs Texas, Mich vs OSU etc games its very good, of course it has a shitty postseason though

um there is more "actual action" in football than in soccer, yeah its more stop/go, but at least every game isn't 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, or 1-1
Old 10-05-2005, 04:57 AM

I wish I never read Catcher in the Rye...
that Holden guy was a whiny beyatch.
didn't think it was that good. I didn't relate to the characters at all.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:58 AM

college sports, definitely
Old 10-05-2005, 02:57 PM

That's a lousy definition of action.