Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 03:58 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Coach Listing

One of the big things we wanted to do when MUSH opened was to collect a listing of coaches and start compiling some reviews for them. I have noticed that coaching has become popular recently, and for the amount that these people are charging, the customers deserve to know the quality of service they're going to get. I'm not allowed to keep it up as a sticky, but I will keep a list and PM it to interested people.

So what I want is for each person whose interested in coaching to PM me with the following information:

2+2 Screenname
Services Offered (Reading hand histories, watching videos, offering videos for students to observe and ask questions about, stat review, etc.)
Cost (can be a flat rate, hourly rate, range, etc., or you can just say "negotiable")
Limits/games you play
Limits you offer coaching for
EDIT: Do you coach shorthanded, full ring, or both (leave blank if just shorthanded)?
How many students have you coached?
Why should a person choose you over all other coaches? What special talents do you have? (optional but recommended)

Also, I'd appreciate any other suggestions on information you'd like to know in this thread.

Lastly, I ask that anyone who gets coached will PM me with some feedback. I will never share it with the coach. I won't offer your name as a reference unless you'd like me to. I will not quote you unless you give me permission to.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:51 AM

Default Re: Coach Listing

Awesome Josh. Thanks.

Krishan
Old 12-02-2005, 10:34 AM

yah this is a great idea. well done
Old 12-02-2005, 11:45 AM

great idea.

you should allow a coach to give you a list of references.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:19 PM

i like everything till this part:

[ QUOTE ]
I will never share it [PM'd feedback]with the coach.

[/ QUOTE ]

if there's a way to get around the privacy issue, i think a coach would become better via the feedback. you should ask the student if its ok to send feedback to the coach for "quality control purposes"

Barron
Old 12-02-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if there's a way to get around the privacy issue, i think a coach would become better via the feedback. you should ask the student if its ok to send feedback to the coach for "quality control purposes"

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this. to eliminate animosity you could simply withhold the identity of the student.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this. to eliminate animosity you could simply withhold the identity of the student.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would imagine that most people arn't coaching that many students, so it wouldn't be too hard to figure out if someone is saying something about you. On the other hand, I don't think it really matters. We should all be honest with each other anyway, as it promotes better learning, and that is what we are all here to do.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:47 PM

You might not be up for this but your concept would probably be much better done as an independent directory site that lists coaches, ratings, reviews, etc. with kind of a consumer reports approach.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

any decent student should be willing to give feedback to his coach directly, and any decent coach should be open to that. So I think if its something that has to be done in secret, then one of the parties involved is doing something wrong.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

any decent student should be willing to give feedback to his coach directly, and any decent coach should be open to that. So I think if its something that has to be done in secret, then one of the parties involved is doing something wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%