Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 03:24 AM

Default Bad Beat Tables

The party bad beat tables are pretty easy to find loose games at. An extra 50 cents is raked from every pot there. What impact would this higher rake have on my winrate. Basically I would like to see if the higher rake is worth playing in these looser games. The reason I ask this question is I have been playing breakeven poker for two months at party, while doing fine at the other sites. Any thoughts appreciated
Old 11-02-2005, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Bad Beat Tables

at the higher limits (5/10+), not much. At 2/4, its almost unbeatable. If you make 2 BB/100 at 2/4, lets say you win 8-9 pots/100. Thats a total of 4-4.50 gone, your win rate is cut in half. Starting at 5/10, that amount is only 1/5th of your win rate, so if you can find a juicy table, that should make up for it (long term).
Old 11-02-2005, 03:46 PM

thanks thats good to know
Old 11-02-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The party bad beat tables are pretty easy to find loose games at. An extra 50 cents is raked from every pot there. What impact would this higher rake have on my winrate. Basically I would like to see if the higher rake is worth playing in these looser games. The reason I ask this question is I have been playing breakeven poker for two months at party, while doing fine at the other sites. Any thoughts appreciated

[/ QUOTE ]

bonuswhores.com has a table that shows whether it is +EV to play the tables based on the jackpot size. The rake is really huge though, so in the short term as the poster above said I think especially at 2/4 the softness of the game is not going to make up for the huge increase in rake.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:24 PM

I for one have been running very well at 2/4 BBJ, to the extent that I exclusively play them. Good players don't like it but loose passive and bad players flock to it. The usual rules of table selection apply, but, you'll find more great tables there. Give it a try. If you are TAG, you lose 50 cents the minimum amount of time, but people will still not notice you're a TAG.