Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 01:03 AM

Default What VPIP do you play comfortably at?

My VPIP is at 32.42 and I play comfortably at it. But I am starting to think that maybe it is to high and if I tightened up a lil, I would see improved performance in my game. I'm trying to get a gauge of what some of your VPIPs are and compare em. Also what do you think about your VPIP? Do you feel you play to tight or loose? How would you like to see your VPIP numbers change and why?
Old 09-09-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Re: What VPIP do you play comfortably at?

[ QUOTE ]
My VPIP is at 32.42 and I play comfortably at it. But I am starting to think that maybe it is to high and if I tightened up a lil, I would see improved performance in my game. I'm trying to get a gauge of what some of your VPIPs are and compare em. Also what do you think about your VPIP? Do you feel you play to tight or loose? How would you like to see your VPIP numbers change and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im at like 30.5 or something lately. Average of a little under 5 handed. Im pretty comfy with it.

I'm at ~24%, and I'm happy there. My PFR is 18. I wouldn't know where to loosen up if I wanted to.

Wow, that is high. Personally my VPIP is around 24 lately and that works well for me.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:07 AM

Ya. My PFR is ~16.5%. What is your BB/100?
Old 09-09-2005, 01:10 AM

Ya. I hear a lot of people say that a VPIP of around 30%+ is high. I was a lil concerned. I should try to get some stats up. Right now I am in a slump (100BBish downswing) and am trying to look through some of my stats and hands and see whats up.

What is your BB/100 with a smaller VPIP?
Old 09-09-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya. I hear a lot of people say that a VPIP of around 30%+ is high. I was a lil concerned. I should try to get some stats up. Right now I am in a slump (100BBish downswing) and am trying to look through some of my stats and hands and see whats up.

What is your BB/100 with a smaller VPIP?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm around 1.6BB/100 after 60k hands. Had a large downswing early on but i'm about 2.4BB/100 over my last 35k hands. I've also losened up some over those last 35k hands to a little over 24 VPIP and 17 PFR. I doubt my sample size is really large enough to make those numbers really solid though.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im at like 30.5 or something lately. Average of a little under 5 handed. Im pretty comfy with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to tell me what hands you are limping behind a loose limper with pretty loose blinds or whatever you are doing getting your overall vpip that high with your fold bb to steal. I know i'm too tight on the button with 28.5% vpip but i'm working on it.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:19 AM

Helps give me an idea of what to expect in the future though. Having a tough time deciding what to do. My VPIP is just huge for when I am on the button or in the SB. My button VPIP 40% and my SB (when I try to isolate/3bet) is 49%. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] What are your numbers in those positions? Maybe Im spewing from just being to aggressive?
Old 09-09-2005, 01:20 AM

Ya. What are some of your hand ranges and stuff for playing at a loose table that is weak?