Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Your forum game schedule

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you put your entire stack at risk for a 140 pot and bloated the pot to give yourself the correct outs, you had no FE, no way to make toro fold a better hand, not exactly a brilliant play but whatever works for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Fold equity? I check raised to 350, he's not going to just ignore that, he's going to have to let go any hand that missed...

so you fold when he pushes? You fold to his initial bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

with just a naked straight draw i'd probably flat call his flop bet and hope to make up for the poor odds on the flop by extracting on the turn (when I hit).
Old 10-05-2005, 08:46 PM

toro really shouldnt of gotten mad i welcome calls like that.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if he had open pushed would you of called?

[/ QUOTE ]

No... i only called beecause i was getting 1.75:1 after the previous flop action.

I really don't think the call of the push was bad after the previous action, maybe the check-raise was bad though.

But OE+2 overs is pretty solid
Old 10-05-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
toro really shouldnt of gotten mad i welcome calls like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize our hand are even at the flop right?

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> 106,920 games 0.016 secs 6,682,500 games/sec

Board: 9d Th 3c
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 50.0000 % 50.00% 00.00% { QJo }
Hand 2: 50.0000 % 50.00% 00.00% { ATo }</pre><hr />

You keep talking as if my hand is such a dog here.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:59 PM

Here is my busting hand.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter

MP (t6280)
Button (t4400)
Hero (t3165)
BB (t2500)
UTG (t155)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t155</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to t300</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1000</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to t6280</font>, Hero calls t2165 (All-In).

Flop: (t9700) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t9700) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t9700) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t9700

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP has Ad Ac (three of a kind, aces).
Hero has 9s 9d (three of a kind, nines).
UTG has Ts Qd (high card, ace).
Outcome: MP wins t9700. </font>

I should have known that Lethal was on a very high hand here since he called/raised instantly which he did last time he had AA. Stupid me. Ah well.

Good game guys
Old 10-05-2005, 09:11 PM

I dont think theres anything you can do about that hand, lethal's raised looked like a isolation raise and I prob would have push right over him PF. I'm UTG in that hand btw.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:15 PM

I never said you were a dog. I just pointed out you should be careful in pricing yourself into calling with a draw when you have no other way to win the hand except to hit your draw.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:42 PM

Yupp and even if I would have gone with a call there instead of a re-raise, I would have gotten my chips on the flop with a set of nines.

Cya in next game [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2005, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you put your entire stack at risk for a 140 pot and bloated the pot to give yourself the correct outs, you had no FE, no way to make toro fold a better hand, not exactly a brilliant play but whatever works for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is nonsense. You don't think 88 is folding to the check-raise? How about AJ? These hands have a lot of equity against QJ, and most people would fold quickly to the check-raise. So, there was plenty of folding equity.

An OESD with two overcards is a huge hand against someone who is aggressive enough to push with just top pair. It's clear to call the push.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is nonsense. You don't think 88 is folding to the check-raise? How about AJ? These hands have a lot of equity against QJ, and most people would fold quickly to the check-raise. So, there was plenty of folding equity.

An OESD with two overcards is a huge hand against someone who is aggressive enough to push with just top pair. It's clear to call the push.

[/ QUOTE ]

while thats all true, I would put toro on overcards here, making it a fold for me. I tend to make these plays later in a mtt than earlier. i dont think toro is raising UTG here with 88 either.