Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Male vs. Female

I think that if men have an advantage, it is that they feel more comfortable, based on experience or gender roles or whatever, with aspects of poker like being assertive, being aggressive, being confrontational, looking someone up, and not second-guessing themselves.

If women have an advantage, in my opinion, it is in managing their ego's, reading opponents more roundly (than just betting history/tendencies), and being able to right themselves more quickly if they tilt.

I think it's all relative, even the mathematical/analytical aspect. The type of people I know who enjoy poker already are inclined in this way.

I don't deny that my impressions may be sexist. I'm mostly basing my opinion on my own experience. The most difficult aspect for me as a beginner is feeling comfortable being aggressive and second-guessing my decisions. On the other hand, compared to my competition, I don't tend to chase a losing hand when someone comes over the top of my big bet or the flop misses my AK.