Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 03:36 PM

Default 3 betting out the SB

This is my first post. I've been a reader of these forums for sometime and I'm sure some of you have seen me in the $30 and $50 games on Party. I've been humbled in the last week and finally decided to begin posting and replying on these forums. I figure hopefully we'll all get better that way. Anyway sorry about the long rant but it's nice to join a community. Here's my first thought for discussion.

What hands are you 3 betting with out the SB or BB against a button, CO, or hijack open raiser? Let's assume for this argument that he's the typical 17/12/2.0. I've been taking quite a few different lines such as 3 betting Axs about 35% of the time folding the rest, almost always 3 betting A9o and up, sometimes 3 betting KJ and QJ (about a 35/65 split again). Then I lead the flop. What seems to be happening quite a bit is that I miss, get raised and end up folding. Occassionally I'll call down with say A high and usually lose.

I'm very curious as to what other players are doing here. Also, I'm curious as to post flop play with these hands.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: 3 betting out the SB

My small blind play leaves much to be desired, and I am interested in what people have to say about your question, but I think your play should vary a ton based on the BB.

Also, welcome to the forums.