Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Live $2/$5 Non-Standard Set Line

I like the flop check to trap donks. I say screw and bet turn, even if i have read he'll bet. That way he may raise with slick as opposed to potentially getting away from it on your c/r.

Addtionally, as everyone has checked again on turn, they're probably not very trappable at this point.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:59 AM

bobbo, no hablo poker... you know this.

anyway yes betting with AK there on the flop given suckiness of players is like lighting money on fire. unless you have an ubertight image and you fire a lot, which i've done at times and gotten even donks with 99 to lay down. however i think it is so obvious when a tight player checks on an undercard flop that he has AK that i owuld nothave bet this turn most likely.

i realize there are draws and whatever but if i bet this turn i feel like it would suck to get c/r. so i might check behind on the turn and value bet a blank river if checked to or just call a bet into me. i think that's safer given how obviouis your hand is given the flop check and how many people are in the hand. plus you get more value from weaker aces. like if a donk bets into you on riv you can prob raise/fold to 3 bet, whereas if solid leads you just call.

i am a big fan of checking even in raised pots in situations like this where sure there are draws (actually really just diamonds and maaaybe gut shot straight is out there)... i'm not too worried about draws especially since no one has taken a stab so i'll just check here to maximize value/minimize damage.

whaddya guys think about THAT one?
Old 10-24-2005, 04:23 AM

nh

(Sorry about your AA =\)