Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Marijuana vs. cigarettes

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, no, the resin is not there in vaporized weed, as the weed isn't burned, it is heated.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the bongs I remember from nearly 30 years ago burned weed.

Are you saying weed smoke that has passed through water contains no resin?
Old 10-17-2005, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If pot was legal and available at 7-11 it could certainly be taxed. Most people would prefer to buy from a corporate supplier that used quality control methods rather than from a dude on a street corner selling God knows what.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't saying it could never be taxed. I was saying you can grow it on your own, unlike tobacco, which might be one reason why it was criminalized. Imagine if you could just grow tobacco in your back yard (or closet, as my parents did) and easily smoke it. How many people would grow their supply instead of buying it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some would, sure. But many people live in apts or dwellings with no avail land. If pot was cheap enough, I believe only the true purists would grow their own (I do not smoke pot). Beer is relatively cheap and easy to make if you buy a homebrew kit. How many people really bother?
Old 10-17-2005, 08:31 PM

okay, guys, a vaporizer is not a bong

it is a heating element that dry heats the weed to 400 degrees... baking it, and turning thc into vapor, but not burning it.

it's pretty revolutionary.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some would, sure. But many people live in apts or dwellings with no avail land. If pot was cheap enough, I believe only the true purists would grow their own (I do not smoke pot). Beer is relatively cheap and easy to make if you buy a homebrew kit. How many people really bother?

[/ QUOTE ]

Er...perhaps you missed it when I posted that my parents grew it. I know plenty of people that grow it. And it's illegal. I imagine a lot more people would grow it if it were legal. Just my opinion though...and it was just a theory I'd heard. I don't really have any type of emotional attachment to it.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:10 PM

Harvard Study for why marijuana is a gateway drug.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:15 PM

Anyone have any idea how many people would die in auto crashes if pot was legal? Or is that not something that should come into the argument?
Old 10-17-2005, 09:15 PM

HA
HA
HAHAHAHAAHA

that really made my day.

god that was nice.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:08 PM

Your friend was on the money in terms of when it comes to smoking joints. I can't comment on what behemoth says, there might be validity to his points. I heard somewhere that Louis Armstrong smoked so much weed that he destroyed his lungs to the point where it ended his trumpet career, though jazz afficionados would know more about this than I would.

As to adverse effects of marijuana, it has been shown to a. cause gynecomastia ("man boobs") and b. lower your fertility (affects the sperm). Studies on whether long term marijuana use causes apathy in humans and/or animals are controversial and no definitive conclusions have arisen from such studies
Old 10-17-2005, 11:14 PM

yeah, if anyone is interested in learning about vaporizers, I have some studies, but I would have to type them up. These things are damn amazing, you can even get tar-free cigarette smoke! It's a shame more people dont know abuot them

and god yes joints are awful.

I fight the whole manboobs thing by working out every day. And as far as the long-term effects, hell they're no worse than longterm cigarette, or alcohol usage.

I just wish people could discuss legalizing weed without their preconceived "DARE" notions, because most of them are ignorantly based, and just wrong.

However, I would vehemently argue that if legalized, it should not be allowed for kids under 18. I think that most people who turn into junkie pothead losers are the ones who start in middle school.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:31 PM

If weed is much less harmful than tobacco, then why aren't you more focused on getting tobacco to be illegal? I assume you were in favor of the Prohibition? Regardless of how hard (actually, impossible) it would be to do, shouldn't you be trying to do that? Really, you're just looking for an excuse to get lit and not get fined. I lump people like you in with those who say they want legalization of weed because of old people's health problems. No one really wants it for that.
I will point out that I have smoked weed in the past, and will do it again in the future. Just pointing out a flaw in logic, imo.