Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 04:07 AM

Default Re: October Goals Thread

WIN ATLANTIS SEAT

5 FT'S WITH FINISHES > $1K

LIMIT MY REBUY SPENDING
Old 10-02-2005, 05:45 AM

1.somehow reach a br the size of ray's so I can own him in all the different tourneys he plays.

ohh, wait. did you say realistic goals?

1.my first 500+ cash.
2.my first 1k+ cash.
3.play in my first satellite
4.win a seat to something I could never afford
5.Be patient with my br, let it grow naturally.

I have more, but they'll wait.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:56 AM

Play 0 or fewer MTTs this month to help my wife through the first trimester.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:58 AM

not sure whether or not that's cEV
Old 10-02-2005, 08:04 AM

There are quite a few problematic patterns in my approach that I'd like to fix (like playing less hours, more focused, bring my A game everytime I play, stop registering for tournaments I don't really want to play, stop multi tabling like crazy and so on).

Results wise, I'd like to gain about 3-5k overall this month, which means at least 6k off MTT's (since I will donk off some in the cash games, like I do every month). I would be happy if I'd stop losing HU whenever I reach the final 2, even tho I don't really mind the blow to the ego. I'll take a bunch of 2nd place finishes if that's what it take.

My ultimate goal, of course, is to win a Stud H/L tournament, a game I played for the first time yesterday and really enjoyed. I have no idea how to play, I barely know the rules, let alone good strategy for tournament play, but I will win one, no doubt in my mind!

College starts here in the first of November, so I have to make this month count. A 11r win would be a nice "back to school" gift.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:07 AM

Pokerchamps is having satellise to a Swedish poker program in which I would love to try to qualify. Would be awesome to finally be at a table in live tv. I would have a pretty nice shot at this since those that I have seen on tv in Sweden are, well, not good.

That's my goal for the month, to get to that tournament. Some nice prize money there too.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:56 AM

My first goal is to win one of these damn things. Seven FTs and no first yet. My monthly goals:

1. Make a FT in one of the higher buy-in MTTs I'm playing now. (Stars $45K or PP $40K)
2. Hit my $ BR target so I can buy a new Dell with a 2001fp. One monitor just isn't enough anymore.
3. Qualify for one of the Stars or PP Sunday tourneys and finish ITM.
4. Clear my FullTilt and UB bonii at $2 LHE with a positive BB/hour. This would probably lead to my accomplishing Goal #2.

Great idea to post this stuff. GL to everyone.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to win a Foxwoods WPT entry. Anyone have an opinion on the best site to win a seat?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my goal last month. I allotted myself $500 to win one, and started playing on Paradise. I hated Paradise so much I cut it short at the $200 mark, but now I see UB has $100 satellites every Monday night until the event. So I will play 3 of those this month, and that will take up my WPT allowance.

I also realized playing the live satellites at Foxwoods is probably the best bet, as I went down a couple weeks ago, breezed through an Act I, then breezed most of the way through an Act II before bubbling to a bad beat. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time to get down there often enough to win a seat there.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:01 AM

what is this 'atlantis' that you guys want to qualify for?
Old 10-02-2005, 12:39 PM

Stars just added Foxwoods Sats.