Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 03:17 AM

Default QQ vs. 2+2er

Villain doesn't know who I am, I don't think. But he's a TAG.

I cap preflop in this spot 80% of the time, and call 20%. This is one of the latter.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.33 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, Hero...

Call down? Check-fold the turn? Bet/fold the turn? Call the turn and fold a spade river?
Old 07-06-2005, 03:22 AM

Default Re: QQ vs. 2+2er

[ QUOTE ]
Call the turn (if it's not a spade) and fold a spade river

[/ QUOTE ]
I think so, but then again I have had quite a few drinks tonight [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 07-06-2005, 03:25 AM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

[ QUOTE ]

I cap preflop in this spot 80% of the time, and call 20%. This is one of the latter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but this is awful, when mixing up plays don't get cute in MW pots.

As for post-flop, I think i'm calling this one down as the pot is decent sized, villain could be doing this with JJ/1010/ AQs/ AJs and betting the turn and checking the river, so it may be cheaper than expected to call it down.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:28 AM

My problem is, his flop raise indicates that either I'm beat (against which I'm drawing virtually dead) or he's on a spade draw. If I put him on a spade draw, can't I bet/fold the turn, realizing he'll probably only raise with a hand that beats me, and just call my stop-n-go with a hand like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]? But what if he calls the turn, should I check-fold a spade river? Bet/fold it? Check-call a non-spade?
Old 07-06-2005, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
realizing he'll only raise with a hand I beat

[/ QUOTE ]
hmm?
Old 07-06-2005, 03:35 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]
hmm?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, I obviously meant a hand that beats me.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
hmm?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, I obviously meant a hand that beats me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know just givin [censored].
edit: goin to sleep, will reply to Jason and Q later today, peace [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].
Old 07-06-2005, 03:41 AM

I'd probably check-fold the turn or call down unless the board got even worse, depending on my mood.

I don't know that another spade is a big concern, by the way. I'm thinking CO most likely doesn't have a flush draw unless it's specifically A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. And if CO has developed some sort of read on you, he might not be so quick to 3-bet AJs preflop. (And even if he has a flush draw on the flop, he might not raise with it.)

The 12 combos of AK scare me here, as do the 6 combos of AA and the 3 combos of KK. I doubt CO is raising AQo on the flop, so you're really hoping for a worse pocket pair or another QQ, and I think all of those hands become somewhat less likely when CO pops the flop.

Edit: By the way, how is the 3/6 full these days? I haven't played it at all since Party added the 3/6 6-max, and I haven't played that very much either.

I was planning to move to 5/10 6-max this past weekend, but then Party added some games and sort of derailed my plans. Now I'm not quite sure what to do.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My problem is, his flop raise indicates that either I'm beat (against which I'm drawing virtually dead) or he's on a spade draw. If I put him on a spade draw, can't I bet/fold the turn, realizing he'll probably only raise with a hand that beats me, and just call my stop-n-go with a hand like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]? But what if he calls the turn, should I check-fold a spade river? Bet/fold it? Check-call a non-spade?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if you gain much with a turn stop-n-go.

I think now that it's heads-up, CO will bet again a high percentage of the time, whether he has you beat or not. (He probably doesn't have a flush draw, and if he does, he may semi-bluff it instead of taking the free card anyway.)
Old 07-06-2005, 04:00 AM

Given that villain is a TAG and that he raised the K high flop, I would find this to be an easy check/fold turn UI.

The only thing you're beating is a spade draw, and your opponent isn't likely to have that often enough to justify calling down.

If that is a little weak tight for your tastes (and I suspect it may be), then I don't see any problem with a bet/fold line on the turn, provided a blank hits.