Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 02:31 AM

Default Was this too weak tight??

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

I'm not sure if I played this correctly. Villan is a loose-passive player. My thoughts were.. he plays about 37% pre-flop and I bet my top pair, get raised, I have a chance to be good but not sure. So, I bet again, if he raises again, I'd think I'm beat to a loose-passive and I can fold in this small pot. What about if villan was loose-aggressive? Would you check and call down?? Thanks for your input.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:56 AM

Default Re: Was this too weak tight??

I think the fold is all right. Apparently he wasn't raising a flush draw on the flop (though I wouldn't really expect him to anyway).

I guess 3-betting the flop is another option, but I don't think I like it against this opponent, as you quite possibly will just bully him into calling you down with KQ or AK or something.

Actually, the stop-n-go could do the same thing. Since he's passive, I think something to consider, actually, is just checking the turn and then folding if he bets again. There are only three worse kings he could have. You'd have a decent number of outs against, say, 63s, but that's probably not what he has. And if by some chance he has, say, A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], it's okay to let his unusual (for him) aggression buy him the occasional pot.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:17 AM

Default Re: Was this too weak tight??

Small pot and a passive player showing consistent aggression, I like the fold.

I also like the turn bet to avoid the freecard. If the pot were bigger, I might be tempted to call down. As sometimes bad players do overvalue their hands. But this pot has not gotten big enough, where I would be extremely upset if I got outplayed.

So considering the read and the action, I like the hand