Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Last hand for a long while

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

River: (12 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB
Old 06-27-2005, 10:53 PM

Default Re: Last hand for a long while

sorry you lost. this has been the story of my month as well
Old 06-27-2005, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry you lost. this has been the story of my month as well

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you play it any differently?
Old 06-27-2005, 10:59 PM

Raising the river has merit, I'm not sure if it's right, but I think it's worth looking at.

I always wonder whether I should have three bet the turn, and I always decide that I should have

Looks good to me.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:30 AM

Default results

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

River: (12 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Villain shows 66 for a big gay boat.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:53 AM

i feel compelled to say that a) you played this hand fine. and b) there isnt a single important decision in it. how many bets you lose in a sb vs bb battle when you have a big hand that is no good is not going to have a long term effect on your winrate in this game (within reason of course). the situation is very rare, and your bets have at worst only marginal negative expectation because of the heads up nature of the hand. (ie against his entire range of hands.)

sorry if i sound like a dick and normally i wouldnt post something like this. but it appears that youre frustrated with your long term results. and if thats the case i hope you can take away that the difference between what you want and what youre getting lies somewhere else, and that you should perhaps try to identify what it is rather than posting these types of hands.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:14 AM

If u cap turn and he bets out on river.... well, since its paired I guess I would only call, but in a way it makes no sense to bet out a monster since he will surely get in a checkraise.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:12 AM

Robk makes a good point. Though I'm sure we all sympathize PBob, your latest posts seem to be nothing but tough luck and bad beats. Try not to focus on these big loss hands so much, because usually there is nothing you can do about hands like this. It's impossible for us posters to give you any insight as to how to play your hands better and improve (not that I consider myself an expert in this forum, but there are many good posters here). How about some recent hands that were seemingly routined but ended up a little distressing? Maybe even hands that you won that you were afraid you wouldn't? Maybe some recent stats that we could rip up? Not trying to be mean, just trying to help, because I'm down this month myself and it sucks to see another bro running badly.