Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Macs

Hey everyone,

Been playing at Planetpoker and PacificPoker for over three years but needing to stay at micro (.50-1.00 and 1-2) because I've been in graduate school and can't dedicate time to studying the game and playing lots of hours to stay sharp as I'd like. I certainly haven't been crushing the game, but I've won consistently all three years and I enjoy learning to read betting patterns cheaply as I try to gain experience at the game. My question is this: I prefer these two sites to the many others I've visited but I just bought a Mac (which is the machine I need as a visual artist) so... what are the most reputable sites that are Mac-friendly? Any feedback is great--thanks!!

PS- Didn't keep the old computer as it was a hand-me-down '96 Dell that was unbearably slow.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Macs

Poker Room.

Or you can buy virtual pc and run everything. VPC works reasonably well.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:27 PM

I had a HD crash on my older PC, and thought I would give Virtual PC a shot on my mac mini. I've been pleasantly surprised so far. Comparably sluggish to my old AMD K6-450, but generall it's a workable solution, running PartyPoker, Pokertracker and GT+... only single table play so far. Might need to take some additional steps to speed things up once the PT database gets big again (lost it all on the old HD).

You should jump on VirtualPC while you are still a student... think it's pretty cheap with student pricing, pretty expensive without it (as in... you'd be pretty close to buying a new bare bones PC)

The other option is that pokerroom and bugsy's club both have mac clients. You'd be out of luck on the pokertracker front.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:42 PM

I'm mostly a UB player using VPC, but lately I've been enjoying Bugsy's Club for native Mac play. I couldn't stand the Pokerroom software, but just a matter of personal preference.