Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2005, 12:07 AM

Default Best Omaha/8 books

I am new to Omaha/8. What are the must read books about this game? Is there one book that really stands out?
A list with good books would be very helpfull,
Thanks
Old 05-30-2005, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Best Omaha/8 books

Ray Z's book, Mike C's book, and SS2.

Do not go anywhere near Ken Warren's book and I thought Lou K's book was poor but some here think it is a good beginners book. I also feel that Championship Omaha is marginal but is probably worth reading if you are also looking to learn pot limit o8 and pot limit omaha.
Old 05-30-2005, 07:26 AM

Default Re: Best Omaha/8 books

[ QUOTE ]
Is there one book that really stands out?

[/ QUOTE ]

DoubleDuke - In my humble opinion, Ray Zee's High-Low-Split Poker is the classic book that really stands out. It's a "must read" for serious Omaha-8 players. The book was first published over ten years ago, but the advice in it is still excellent, providing fine insight into how to play the game well.

The first half of the book is devoted to seven card stud-8 and the second half is devoted to Omaha-8.

You don't have to read the seven stud-8 sections to understand the Omaha-8 sections. But if you ever do get into a seven stud-8 game, the advice given in the seven stud-8 sections of Ray's book is excellent and well organized.

The book is broken up into lots of short chapters which makes it very easy to read.

You don't have to be an advanced player to learn from Ray's book. And the first part of the Omaha-8 section is very fundamental.

I own and have read more than a dozen books about Omaha-8. I highly recommend Ray Zee's book.

Buzz