Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Borgata Thursday Night

I'll be there around 9:00 or so on Thursday, playing 3/6 most likely. Bald white guy, average build, drinking a Heineken. Wearing a blue polo shirt. Stop by and say hi.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:52 PM

Chuck,

I plan on playing Thursday night also. I will most likely spot you before you can spot me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2005, 11:07 PM

I'm staying at Borgata (Thurs-Mon) with a bachelor party. Half regulars and half out of towners. I know others from other forums will be around. Memorial Day weekend is going to be busy.

The weather is not looking up for golf though. I should be wearing a JOPKE hat or a black kangol.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Up in the Pocono's. Mountaintop, actually. Did I sit next to you at the Borg about 2 months ago? Were you moving to the Allentown area from Pittsburgh?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nah, lived around here all my life. I did play a 3/6 session around that time though as I had just dropped $500 playing 1/2 NL. Since then I've been at the Taj, Omaha games are great for rebuilding a bankroll :0) Winning a tournament definitly helped along those lines as well.

Anyway, I'm the kid with the backwards tweed hat.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Up in the Pocono's. Mountaintop, actually. Did I sit next to you at the Borg about 2 months ago? Were you moving to the Allentown area from Pittsburgh?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nah, lived around here all my life. I did play a 3/6 session around that time though as I had just dropped $500 playing 1/2 NL. Since then I've been at the Taj, Omaha games are great for rebuilding a bankroll :0) Winning a tournament definitly helped along those lines as well.

Anyway, I'm the kid with the backwards tweed hat.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. I was talking to a guy who was a 2+2 lurker, who just started reading SSH and was moving to the ABE area. Thought it may have been you. I'll keep an eye open for you.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Chuck,

I plan on playing Thursday night also. I will most likely spot you before you can spot me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope so. Would like to finally meet the famous Mike Gallo!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Give me a 'Sup Bro' if you see me.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:46 PM

Sorry Chuck, missed you. I did have a nice session at 6/12 though. Went up $260 in 8 hours. Got into a game around 1:30. Very good game. Typically several cold callers for a raise.

Highlights of the evening included a gentleman who came in and pulled several blacks out of his coat pocket. He quickly became everyone's friend when he raised the river with pocket 7's with several broadway cards on board. There was also a chinese guy who had a VPIP of maybe 60-70. He sucked out on quite a few people and got me once when my KK hit the flush K on the turn. Just before leaving I managed to break him though when his turned flush also gave me a boat. I also met a nice older gentleman who actually noticed I was tight. When I raised UTG he called because he said he knew what I had. The flop came low and I continued betting. On the river he claimed to fold his unimproved AQ saying the weakest hand I could possibly have was AK. Which I did have, but I didn't bother to correct him on my raising range. Needless to say he was quite surprised a few hands later when my AJ hit a J on the flop and he called down with middle pair :0)

I also played with a lady whose son was playing in the morning tournament. She claimed he won a WSOP seat on empire and played 30/60 online. I didn't ask her if he posted on any online forums or anything. Probably should have as anyone who plays that high almost certainly would be aware of 2+2 (I was assuming he was a winning player...)

The one thing that surprised me was how empty the 6/12 tables went. We were short handed 6-8 people for most of the afternoon and around 6 actually went from 3 tables to 2. Most of the people who came over were the better players who hadn't gone broke. Still beatable, but no where near as live. I assumed more people would show up when we started getting into evening hours. I guess the NL craze is biting everyone. It seemed like half the tables were NL. They even got a 25/50 NL game going.
Old 05-28-2005, 02:47 PM

Sorry I missed you as well, although I did meet one 2+2er...I believe it was el kang. Nice to meet you.

The night got off to a choppy start, as when we arrived at Borgata around 9:00, we were told both rooms were not ready yet. I was looking forward to showering and changing after being out in the rain at the golf course, but that was not to be, at it would be 1 hour before the rooms were ready.

The 3/6 list was about 15 deep, so we put our names on and went upstairs to get something to eat. Going back after dinner, we were already off the list, as I figured we would be, so we went back on the 6 deep list and I went back up to get my room, which STILL was not ready (90 minutes later).

In any case, I finally got a seat at around 11:00 or so. Decent game, but as Bremen said, this game was short most of the time as well, despite the long list. A lot of people kept getting up and sitting out for a while, and most of the names on the list weren't there when called.

Couldn't get any traction despite the loose and passive players at the table, and was down a couple of bets when I FINALLY got the floor to get me a change to the table where my friends were. Nothing happened there except a lot of bad play on my part and a lot of Heineken consumption before the table broke.

I got moved to another perpetually short table. I got back close to even while we were playing 7 or 6 handed until the following mind blowing hand came up 6 handed.

I've got AJo in the SB and there are 2 limpers to me. I raise and the limpers call. Flop comes A-A-4 rainbow. I bet out and get called by the button.

Turn is an offsuit 3 and I bet again. He raises, I reraise, he reraises again, and I call, figuring I'm beat, but I can't fold. Turn is a J. Bingo!

I check, he bets, I raise, he reraises, I reraise, and he says "It's unlimited raises, right? I'm not going to stop raising. I bet it all." He had about $120 left in front of him. The whole table including the dealer says that's not how it works. In any case, he raises, and I reraise again.

He says again that he's not stopping if I'm not. I ask the dealer if he will let him put all his money in at once. Dealer shrugs and says "If you both say OK, I have no problem". I look again at the board to make sure there's no straight flush or something I'm missing.

I call, saying "OK, to save time. I guess we'll split. AJ, right?" He turns over A3 and storms away from the table. I was shocked that the dealer let that happen, but I wasn't going to complain.

Finished the night up about $100. Went to the Taj on Friday and played the $65 noon tournament. 90 players and I finished around 20th. I'm not a NL player by any stretch, so I wasn't too upset with that finish.

A good trip, all in all. I agree with Bremen, as there were so many NL tables, this has really taken off. We'll see how long this lasts.

I was somewhat disappointed at the Borg, as the front desk and the floor in the poker room. I was told the second table I was at had 2 empty seats for a while, while the list was still rather long and they weren't calling names. It was really jammed, though, so they may have been pretty overwhelmed. I had never seen it this way outside of a weekend.

Looking forward to heading back in a few weeks and maybe getting to meet a few more 2+2ers.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A good trip, all in all. I agree with Bremen, as there were so many NL tables, this has really taken off. We'll see how long this lasts.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you can afford it those NL games are insanely profitable. People going to the felt with TPTK etc. I made the mistake of spending my winnings on my shiny new computer and then promptly lost two buyins my next session :0)

[ QUOTE ]
I call, saying "OK, to save time. I guess we'll split. AJ, right?" He turns over A3 and storms away from the table.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hold 67o in the BB and get to see a free flop of 642. I checkraise and get three bet. Turn 6 I bet out and get raised. River 7. We go 8 bets before I chicken out and call to see his ducks full.

Even better was the time I went 9 bets on the turn with QQ on a board of Q983 not realizing the straight was out there. River paired the 3 and boy was my opponent mad :0)
Old 05-28-2005, 07:26 PM

Chuck,

I looked for you around midnight. I spotted one guy that matched your discription, however that guy had a coal colored shirt, not blue. Did you move to almost the middle of the room? I made eye contact, and the person didnt seem like he expected anyone.

I hope you had fun. Nice report...