Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Welcome Lurkers

I've lurked plenty in this forum, SS, and Mid-High. Been playing for about 1-year and was directed to the site by a coworker (who is now solely responsible for my lack of productivity at work). Been working my way up through micro and SS to build a BR. Nowadays I've been playing 2/4, 1/2 6m and 3/6 6m when the games look good.
Just started posting about a week ago and will try and contribute at least a fraction of what I can get out of this forum. Thanks to everyone for their help so far.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:15 PM

Default The Next Step

It's great that many of you decided to come forward and introduce yourselves. Hopefully, you can take some of the information you've picked up and share your personal viewpoints with the HUSH community in future posts.

If for some reason, you still think your title or number of posts will get you criticized, just post a link to this thread and tell everyone that you have already been "officially introduced". If anyone has a problem with that, tell them to come see me.

When you first start getting involved in discussions, one of the biggest things to keep in mind is humility. Be modest, and post good content. You will gain respectibility before you know it. I've gotten a bit cocky as I became more accepted in HUSH, so it's easy for me to see where veteran posters are coming from with their attitude towards newbies. Just remember that new poster doesn't mean new player or new person.

Whatever you do, STOP LURKING. Get involved and be active. You will definitely find it to be a greater experience.

All the Best,
Our House
Old 10-24-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Re: The Next Step

[ QUOTE ]
It's great that many of you decided to come forward and introduce yourselves. Hopefully, you can take some of the information you've picked up and share your personal viewpoints with the HUSH community in future posts.

If for some reason, you still think your title or number of posts will get you criticized, just post a link to this thread and tell everyone that you have already been "officially introduced". If anyone has a problem with that, tell them to come see me.

When you first start getting involved in discussions, one of the biggest things to keep in mind is humility. Be modest, and post good content. You will gain respectibility before you know it. I've gotten a bit cocky as I became more accepted in HUSH, so it's easy for me to see where veteran posters are coming from with their attitude towards newbies. Just remember that new poster doesn't mean new player or new person.

Whatever you do, STOP LURKING. Get involved and be active. You will definitely find it to be a greater experience.

All the Best,
Our House

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I add that the best way to get involved at first is by posting REPLIES, not starting your own threads.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I [censored] hate lurkers

[/ QUOTE ]

am I the only one who thought this was a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not a joke. if they want free information they should at least contribute something. if they contribute nothing they're just leeches. I'm sure there are people at my games reading my advice and using it to make my games harder. why should I not hate htem?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate [censored] posters. If they want to post their ill-conceived poker theories, they should at least send Sklansky some money to keep his site running.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:25 PM

Hi Ourhouse-

Been posting on SS for a few months. I just moved to shorthanded three days ago. 1/2 five and six max posts go here, right, even tho it's micro? Running amazingly well the first 2k hands - 7bb/100, though I know that won't mean anything until I have at least 30k hands. Anyway I've already started to enjoy the postings here and will soon contribute some of my own.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:30 PM

Yes, people post 1/2 6 max here. At the moment, there is a petition going around to split HUSH into two forums (5/10 and under, 10/20 and over). IMO that would be one of the best moves that 2+2 can make.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate [censored] posters. If they want to post their ill-conceived poker theories, they should at least send Sklansky some money to keep his site running.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you saying that every time you read a post, you send Sklansky a transfer?
Old 11-07-2005, 05:42 PM

Bump
I am a lurker, primarily because I have a dear friend who is well known poster, so I feel no need in repeating anything and to be honest, he has a better apptitude at math and figuring things out. So that explains my lurkism. I also only play 5-10 6 max now but only when I can find a seat that has the ability to absorb the pool of Ass blood that spews forth, lol.

dave
Old 11-07-2005, 05:57 PM

I lurk here all the time, but I do go on posting binges. Matter of fact, I'm probably set for another one when I get home from work. See yall then.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:06 PM

Started lurking a couple years ago. I post mainly in micros, but now I play 2/4 and 3/6 6max, still post in micro, but am starting to post more here. I have already been through the initiation if you will, back with bisonbison, entity, btspider and more, so I'm not too worried about you guys being harsh. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]