Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 11:54 AM

Default Question

I was going to buy these super cheap chips that 5star sells with hot stamp mistakes http://www.5stardeal.com/deals/10Exp...Code=10-115BAD

It seemed like a very good deal but their shipping cost is 11 $ for UPS ground, so I decided not to buy them.

So I was wondering does anyone know a place where I can get chips for very cheap with mistakes or not, where shipping doesn't cost as much
Old 07-01-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Question

Depending on how many chips you would be getting, $11 isnt bad for UPS ground shipping. When I shipped 650 13g chips to someone, it cost me $27 to ship it UPS ground.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:17 PM

FWIW, I'd get the 8g Sopranos, which I think are going for about a nickel a chip before I got the mis-stamped chips.

More likely, I'd either get the faux clay or the 10g Sopranos (though they have a super deal on NexGen RPTs if you want to customize).

As to shipping -- chips are heavy, 5Star really doesn't burn you too badly.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was going to buy these super cheap chips that 5star sells with hot stamp mistakes http://www.5stardeal.com/deals/10Exp...Code=10-115BAD

It seemed like a very good deal but their shipping cost is 11 $ for UPS ground, so I decided not to buy them.

So I was wondering does anyone know a place where I can get chips for very cheap with mistakes or not, where shipping doesn't cost as much

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a bad shipping cost at all. That's about minimum for shipping chips. Like someone mentioned, they always have a free shipping code, you just have to know where to look for it.

Ten