Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2005, 09:17 PM

Default Re: TPNK after a LRR

Even before the flop comes down, it should be clear that the limp reraiser does not have a big preflop hand like AA KK, or AKs. He's got a suited connector or maybe a dinky little pair but it's mostly a suited conector. If it was UTG who limp reraised preflop, then his most likely hand would be a big mitt like AA et al.

So, you should bet the flop here. It's rainbow and you need to purify the flop. You don't want it to get checked around and give someone a big draw to the river eg. teh 8s comes and gives a guy holding T9 and another guy holding two spades big draws.

Having played it the way you did, you raise the turn here. This is a big pot. I also would not automatically fold if I got 3 bet. It's a big pot...er, I said that already...but a 3 bet now is not reason enough to believe that you are up against a set. I might fold. It depends on who raises and all that. I am just saying that automatically folding to a 3 bet in this huge pot is wrong.