Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-29-2005, 08:26 PM

Default Re: I suck at closing

Jeebus,

Wow, that part w/ the chick wanting to get high and you HAVING WEED BACK AT YOUR PLACE is really pathetic.

OK. You need to keep it super simple. One line that will work in every single situation.

So, from now on, anytime you get yourself into one of these spots, use the following: "Hey, I'm having a party at my house now, you should come over."

I used this throughout my 20s with great success. Sometimes, you will need to frantically make some phone calls to get some other people to come over. Most times it won't matter.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:33 PM

My advice (not the i'm the master or anything) is to get things warmed up at the bar BEFORE putting in the bid for her to leave with you. If you're a good dancer, play that angle. Keep the liquor flowing but dont get her wasted. Something as innocent as a hand on her shoulder for a 3-count can go a long way if she's interested.

This all depends on the girl by the way. If she's the party-chick type, and she's spent more than 10-15 minutes talking to you, the door is open and all you have to do is say "let's get out of here." If it's the girlfriend, bring-her-home-to-meet-parents type, she isnt going to do much with you on the first night anyway. Better way to play those types is to ask them out on an actual dinner date, get their number, and call them 48 hours later to follow up on it.

So, to summarize:

Party chick: keep the booze flowing, make a clear cut move in the bar. If she responds positively, you're in. If not, move on to the next party girl. If there are none left, call it a night and go home.

Mom and Dad type: spend the evening talking to her. Act interested in everything she has to say. Make it seem like you have the same interests. At the end of the night, ask her if she'd like to have dinner.

If she's somewhere in between, then i would suggest mixing the two methods. I'm married now, so maybe my methodology is a bit dated, but it worked when i was in college 10 yrs ago. Then again, i wasnt exactly bringing home Angelina Jolie look-alikes. I was much more of a quantity guy than a quality guy, for better or for worse.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:39 PM

"Hey, yo, afterbars are at my joint, dont know whos comming for sure, but you can ride with me if you want."

If you cant memorize what I just typed, just write it on your forearm, and cheat.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:42 PM

quids,

What about when he wants to pick up chicks someplace other than Jersey or Compton?
Old 12-29-2005, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"That watch costs more than you car. I made $970,000 last year. How much you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a [censored]. Good father? [censored] you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here - close! You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you [censored]? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit? You don't like it, leave."

[/ QUOTE ]

With all the recent 'always be closing' posts, I thought I would find out where they came from. Found the movie (Glengarry Glen Ross) and was thinking about renting it...is it actually any good or just some early 90's crap?
Old 12-29-2005, 09:43 PM

Do yourself a favor and rent it yesterday.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:46 PM

Jeebus
by your own admission, you are incompetent at this
think about what Tyler Durden, Steve McQueen, etc. would do, and then do it. You cannot cope on your own
Old 12-29-2005, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do yourself a favor and rent it yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-29-2005, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, that part w/ the chick wanting to get high and you HAVING WEED BACK AT YOUR PLACE is really pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-30-2005, 04:50 AM

I'm waiting for some sort of comeback from the OP on this one. This is too entertaining to die a silent death.