Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you base your tip on?
Service is included (I pretend I'm European) 4 5.00%
Total with tax 47 58.75%
Pre-tax total 29 36.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Beer Pong Poll

[ QUOTE ]
You're saying like Players A and B are on one team and players C and D are on the other, player A shoots, then player C shoots before Player B even gets a chance? I don't see this working, people will be too disorganized to figure out whose turn it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but since you have the ability to get "send backs (two in two cups) you generally want to hold out until player A and B go anyway, it's only towards the end of the game, where you want to play "speed pong". FWIW we've never had a problem with turns. I mean 90% of the time the ball ends up at your side and you're only paying attention to two balls. It's pretty easy to know who's turn it is.

I guess my friends are weird, but we really take the "game" into play, where strategy wise it makes no sense for me to let you have two shots in a row at my last cup. There should be some sort of quickness involved as well, just like they shouldn't be allowed to take forever to finish the beer.

Next time you play with people you trust, give speed pong a try, I think you'll like it.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

A 27 yr old guy who takes beirut way too seriously.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:17 PM

Just to cover all the bases, in the super rare scenario where the ball rests in the space between three connected cups, how do you deal with this?
Old 11-15-2005, 04:18 PM

wtf?
Old 11-15-2005, 04:19 PM

We play the following:

10 cups 3 beers per side.

Bounce is 2 cups, bitches blow, both members get it in you get the balls back, reracks at 6 and 3 only. Player B cant shoot til Player A's ball either hits the cups/table/or ground. Losers also finish whatever cups the winners have left. If both balls are in the same cup you lose, but none of that nonsense of shooting at the same time for the same cup.

The 2 balls in same cup end of game rule was created to just ensure people drink fast when the shot is made and not to have a cheap way to win.

In NY/NJ area everyone seems to play with these rules and strangers to new games never really have anything different. The only thing here that hasnt been discussed and the shakiest subject of them all is:: Overtime.

Team 1 hits the final cup. Team 2 still has 2 cups left. What happens?

If Team 1 hits 2 of 2 cups remaining the game is over, no farewell shots for the second team. If one cup is left both members can hit it and the game is over as well. What do you guys do if there is 1 cup made, and the 2nd shooter makes it?

What we do is have the other team automatically in "last licks" type deal. If they have 5 cups left they can technically make all 5 without missing to force a 3 cup overtime.

Other variations are: if the remaining team has 5 cups left, if you hit 2 of them you just dont have to drink those 2 but you already lost once one team has finished cups. Another is each shooter keeps going until he misses as cup. (One person here can run out the final 2-9 cups until he misses) These rules deciding the game's end is the most argued over topic. What do you guys use?
Old 11-15-2005, 04:20 PM

2 vs 2

10 cups

3-4 beers total

each partner on a team gets one shot per round, ie team A member 1 shoots, then team A member 2, then team B follows suit

if both A1 and A2 sink, balls are sent back and team B is skipped.

if A1 makes it in a cup, you take the ball out and leave the cup there. if A2 makes it in the same cup, that cup and two additional cups are removed.

two reracks, shooters choice

bouncing is permitted, it is good for 2 cups. swatting is permitted. if you are playing a more laid back game bouncing can be disabled.

sometimes i've played in places with walls where if you bounced off the wall into a cup it was worth 3. this is a custom rule specific to the place we played.

we play with rebuttal. if team A sinks the last cup, team B gets to shoot until both their members miss. if they can sink all the opponents cups without both missing, the game continues 1 cup on each side. once a team member misses during this they can't shoot again. however, if team a makes it into the last cup again the game is over.

also WTF is that short [censored] table they are playing on, i hate those tables.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:20 PM

That has never happened in the 1,000+ games I have played and seen in beerpong.

My initial thought is your cups arent racked properly and that it is also physically impossible for that to happen. The only possibly way it could happen is if it is bouncing around on the table really slow, but someone defending those cups would of picked up the ball a long time ago.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

When three cups are connected in a triangle, the ball will occasionally come to rest in the space between the rims of all three.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:21 PM

Default overtime

3 cups each side, 1 beer for the whole thing
Old 11-15-2005, 04:27 PM

overtime (ie rebuttal)

team A member one: A1

team A member two: A2
team B is B1 and B2.

In my example, Team A has has 3 cups left on its side. Team B has one left.

A1 shoots, misses. A2 shoots, makes it. Team B has no cups left. We enter rebuttal.

Team B gets to shoot until it either forces overtime or both players miss. Once a B player misses he can't shoot again. So, B1 is to shoot. Right now Team A has 3 cups left. B1 makes it. 2 cups left. B2 shoots, misses. This means B2 cannot shoot again during rebuttal. B1 shoots, makes it, 1 cup left. B1 can shoot again. If he misses, the game is over. If he makes it, then both A1 and A2 get one chance each to shoot at a one cup target on B's side. If either of them make it the game is over and Team A wins. If they both miss we go to a 3 cup overtime. This is sudden death, no rebuttal, once a team has no cups left they lose, period.

To clarify the beginning, if A1 is shooting at B's last cup, and makes it, then A2 gets to shoot for the win. If he makes it into the last cup as well the game is over. But if A1 misses and A2 makes it then we have rebuttal.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:28 PM

columbia kids play beer pong? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]