Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 06:51 AM

Default How low of rakeback would Pstars need to give..

for us real limit grinders to play there full time?

Pstars is the best software, best customer service, bar none IMO. However, rakeback is nonexistent, bonuses are weak, and FPPs mean slightly more than party player points (aka, nothing.)

I love their site, but I could never play shorthanded limit there full time because, the players are somewhat decent and no rakeback sucks. I would suck it up and play Party, despite my hatred, because their players still are that bad. But at what % would you move to Stars for? I'm thining as little as 10% rakeback and I would move to Stars permanently.

This is just a pipe dream, because Stars makes a lot of money offering weak FPP prizes. If they ever decided to reward high volume cash game players, though...
Old 10-09-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: How low of rakeback would Pstars need to give..

I would put my mark at 20%. Things don't seem to be as bad as everyone thought they were going to be.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:00 PM

There will be some kind of relationship between the percentage of rakeback PokerStars were to give and the softness of the games on Party. If PokerStars were to begin increasing its rakeback above 0%, more and more good players would go over to Stars, which would in turn increase the softness of Party's games.

I think it would be tough to pick an exact number because your decrease in earn at PokerStars due to a tightening of your average player will not stay constant as the percentage of rakeback offered goes up.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:04 PM

I would play there for 20%
Old 10-09-2005, 04:05 PM

This is a very good point. It seems as if there is some sort of equilibrium that will take a long time to be reached.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:20 PM

Fpps are worth .018 each. That's 18% rakeback if you play sngs. I'm not sure about the ring games.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:23 PM

Hey I've trying to find some info on this. I know the whole 5 FPP for $1 in entry fees, but am looking for more. Any linkage?
Old 10-09-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey I've trying to find some info on this. I know the whole 5 FPP for $1 in entry fees, but am looking for more. Any linkage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive me for being ignorant here. I used toplay exclusively at Stars and have one shitload of FPPS. I had no idea they were good for anything besdies books that I dont want.

Are you saying that I can use them for entry fees into tournies based on 5FPPs=$1? Is this for any tourny?

Can I buy into a $50 SNG or $50 MTT for 250 FPPs? I dont see an option for that when I try to register for a SNG.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:08 PM

You can use your FPPs to enter satellites (S & G and MTT) for many tournaments. FPP S & G to Sunday big tourney run around the clock. Your FPP is worth around 1.6c for those.

When you play regular tournaments you get 5 FPP for $1 fee (sometimes much more). Based on 1.6c for FPP, that's 8% RB.

If you play $5.50 S & G, you get 3 FPP = 4.8c = 9.6% RB

However if you play $5.50 S & G your fee is 50c compared to Party's $1. In this extreme example you get about 60% RB.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can use your FPPs to enter satellites (S & G and MTT) for many tournaments. FPP S & G to Sunday big tourney run around the clock. Your FPP is worth around 1.6c for those.

When you play regular tournaments you get 5 FPP for $1 fee (sometimes much more). Based on 1.6c for FPP, that's 8% RB.

If you play $5.50 S & G, you get 3 FPP = 4.8c = 9.6% RB

However if you play $5.50 S & G your fee is 50c compared to Party's $1. In this extreme example you get about 60% RB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that I can use the FPPs to pay the ENTIRE entry fee or only the "juice"?

If I want to play a $50+$5, can I only use the FPPs for the $5 fee or can I use FPPS for the entire $55?

Also, exactly how do I do it. I clicked on a couple different SNGs and MTTs and didnt see any option for to pay with FPPs.