Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Hiring people to play poker, setting up a company

[ QUOTE ]
If I am any good I'M gone 1st of the month.

And I will come back several times and cut down your cable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-04-2005, 03:04 PM

I think the logistics and starting capital needed make this really quite difficult. But the ready source of brainpower is over in Eastern Europe for sure. The challenges of running such a business would mean you'd have to be present and also possibly navigate some political issues and/or organized crime.

A different approach to this might be a team of business pals who combine forces as a small corporation (LLC?) in order to smoothe out the swings and take advantage of the trappings of a business (i.e. health insurance).

It is quite possible that 50+ 2+2 ers could band together and get a top notch health plan and organize a decent payscale. It would be challenge to get a pay plan that rewards the 10-hours/day 8-tablers and the 3-hours/day 4 tablers in fair way. (The 50+ number chosen because of how many health plans are structured)

Just some random thoughts...
Old 04-04-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It is quite possible that 50+ 2+2 ers could band together and get a top notch health plan and organize a decent payscale. It would be challenge to get a pay plan that rewards the 10-hours/day 8-tablers and the 3-hours/day 4 tablers in fair way. (The 50+ number chosen because of how many health plans are structured)

Just some random thoughts...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an interesting idea, and certainly the only way I'd ever turn to poker to support myself, to have that kind of safety net. It would be a difficult exercise to make sure that it's not the strongest players in the group supporting the weaker ones, though.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:27 PM

So what you're saying is...open up a poker sweatshop?
Old 04-04-2005, 03:29 PM

Ever try to enforce a non-compete agreement? Good luck.

Ever try to enforce a non-compete agreement in a third world country? Bwahahaha!
Old 04-04-2005, 07:52 PM

How can I put it mildly..... THIS IS THE XXXBEST IDEA I'VE EVER HEARD OF!!!!
Old 04-04-2005, 11:12 PM

I'm sure somebody posted this but what would stop the person from dumping his bankroll to a friend of his? ...nothing
Old 04-04-2005, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure somebody posted this but what would stop the person from dumping his bankroll to a friend of his? ...nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

What stops an employee from stealing from the register....nothing

No matter what the business a dishonest employee can steal lots of money, so using that as an argument for why a business would fail, is well, a very poor argument

The reason this wouldnt work, is because why would the employee work for $10/hr (or whatever) when he knows if he just did it from home on his own computer, he could be making $40. Since online poker is easily accesable, theres no reason for him to actually work for you. If the guy running the grill at Mickey D's could had a grill at home and could run it for 3 times what he gets at Mc D's....well you see where Im going
Old 04-04-2005, 11:46 PM

I have considered this myself and I think the best way to do it would be to hire and train people to do something else other than gambling.

Now you're all going huhhh but here me out. If you didn't know that you were gambling and that you could go off on your own and do it then you would be a faithful employee and learn and do as told, moving up the ladder at work making more money and benefits as time went on.

Now you're really thinking I'm crazy but I'm going to throw this one out there because I don't have the ability to pull it off my self, so here it goes.

Take Party and skins and build a GUI(Graphical User Interface) that would lay over the skins, the GUI would be about something different and unrelated to gambling, a trading game or a store front where bartering in products takes place.

Your task would be to find a good programmer for the GUI and come up with a grand idea that would replicate poker in disguise.

Kinda of like how the old slot machines have been re-made to represent shows like jeopardy etc... Think outside the box

If someone pulls this together, don't forget me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co
Old 04-04-2005, 11:47 PM

This is a pretty rough estimate assuming you go somewhere south of the border.

It could be a very good idea as long you can control the money somehow (access to neteller , etc). I think most people will not risk/have the bankroll to go in their own.

Rent a small room to fit 10 PCs : $250 (including phone /security/cleaning)
Initial investment 10 PC : $5000
Internet access broadband : $ 50 a month
Salaries 10 people 160 hrs a month each : $3200 ($2/h) + x profit sharing (motivation)
If the company is legit , 30% on government mandated benefits (otherwise, more profit sharing possible)
Misc (accountant/lawyer, etc): $150 a month

JAque