Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2004, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Party 15-30 trouble

IllinyRy has berated me several times in the 5/10 game. jackass. ok, not really. just one of the few names i've recognized on here. solid player for sure, and self admittedly on the tightish side especially preflop. i'm starting to think that the multitabling 2+2ers are really hardening the party games. i read stuff about 8,9,12 tables at once. sheesh. 4 is fine with me.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:31 PM

Default Re: Enon\'s post

I can lose multiple times what I've lost up to this point.

I thought you said you were even during this terrible losing streak?
Old 08-14-2004, 03:25 AM

Only 6 BB/hr Nate? Surely you underestimate....
Old 08-14-2004, 03:45 AM

Play a few more hands tightass.

CO raised preflop. IlliniRy call w/ K9s. Flop QcJd10h. IlliniRy bets, CO raises, IlliniRy instamucks.
Old 08-14-2004, 03:46 AM

I like El Diablo's advice. Sounds to me you are not emotionally and mentally ready to take on a higher limit game. Build up a big enough of bankroll where you comfortable enough to lose it at the higher limit level.

This is my own personal advice, but I think that if you are not ready and willing to drop 100 BB when you jump to a higher limit level, then you are not mentally/emotionally ready to play at a higher limit level. Setting the expectation of a loss when you jump to a higher limit is not unrealistic and would allow you to focus adjusting to the different level of play.

Whoever says that if you can beat a 5-10 game will be able to beat a 15-30 game is a downright lie. Every individual is different and I have seen many good players who conisistenly beat a lower limit get slaughtered in a higher limit. The number reason: Failure to adjust, failure to accept losing, and a lack of discipline and comfort to play a higher limit game. The game might be easier, but that doesn't mean the player who attempts to try it will succeed at it. It's amazing what those bigger pots can do to the mind unless you learn to be objective.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes your variance will depend on your style of play. I think 13.5-14% VP$IP is way too low for Party 15/30. You should be doing a lot of open raising in MP and later as it will often be folded to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does get folded to me quite a bit when I'm the CO or button, and I've had absolutely horrid results trying to take control of the shorthanded pots against the blinds. They always play back at me, so its tough to stay aggressive when I'm whiffing on the flop practically every time and getting checkraised or re-raised. So I think the open raising is what's actually killing me the most.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They always play back at me, so its tough to stay aggressive when I'm whiffing on the flop practically every time and getting checkraised or re-raised. So I think the open raising is what's actually killing me the most.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should stop open-raising completely. Open raising only causes problems. Try to get your VP$IP under 10%.
Old 08-14-2004, 03:26 PM

Default Re: you\'re kidding right???? n/m

i said no message!
Old 08-14-2004, 04:17 PM

I think you should flood the forum with your advice.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:05 AM

my advice...grab a seat next to one of these guys ( you know who i mean ) and really watch how he plays against the same fish that post here crying time and time again.. he clearly knows how to win and at huge rates, and really listen to his advice dont just say that since you've finally reached the 15-30 level that your equal to him. And one last thing aviod this site at all costs nothing but puke talk unless you started here in like 1999 and are established as a Poobah!!