Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 01:25 PM

Default The \'sit out snowball effect\'

Who knows if anyone has come up with another name for this, but you know what I'm talking about: the big blind is about to post and they sit out, and then the next guy panics and thinks the table is breaking up and he sits out and then next thing you know the game is over. Listen to this nonsense: 5-10 FULL game, one guy sits out, followed by the next until all 10 seats in a row are sitting out. But no one actually leaves the table. We sit there for like a minute until the guy that originally sat out comes back and then EVERYONE follows and the game goes on like nothing happened. Friggin hilarious. Anybody have a similar story?
Old 01-19-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: The \'sit out snowball effect\'

Its usually just a bad player sitting out that causes the table to break.

-SmileyEH
Old 01-19-2005, 06:42 PM

Heh I know what you mean. This usually happens at the shorthanded tables I play, it's like 4 people left, one guy sits out then everyone freaks out and I'm thinking sweet heads up and then everyone leaves me sitting there.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its usually just a bad player sitting out that causes the table to break.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grrr. Now I know why the table is always broken when I get back from the bathroom [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2005, 07:47 PM

It's usually the ABC $2-$4 and $3-$6 2+2ers who freak out when faced with the thought that the table could go down to 8-handed instead of 10. Any game that would require more aggression for one of these folks is something to stay away from.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:51 PM

That's true, I used to be like that too, until I discovered how fun and profitable shorthanded can be. It's like oh man I have to bluff with some regularity now, oh no!
Old 01-19-2005, 07:55 PM

I don't ever have this problem on Party, because new players will constantly come in even if you have to play shorthanded for a few minutes (which I like anyway). But the worst for this is Pacific Poker. You have to continually change games, and the games don't just go to shorhanded for a few orbits. Every single person at the table will leave, so you will be the only one left sitting there. And it happens quickly. It isn't uncommon to sit at a full 10 handed game, everything looking great, and 5 minutes later you are sitting by yourself. lol And it isn't always just because the table fish sits out, because usually there are 7 or 8 table fishes on that site. Annoying as hell.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:55 PM

This happens so much more at the 15 game than any other on party I've played (all full ring limit and 5/10, 10/20 6max). I have no idea why.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's usually the ABC $2-$4 and $3-$6 2+2ers who freak out when faced with the thought that the table could go down to 8-handed instead of 10. Any game that would require more aggression for one of these folks is something to stay away from.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to leave sometimes when people sit out. I follow the wave though and will only leave if 3 or so ahead of me leave. I play on full tables for a reason... if I wanted a short-handed table, I'd just sit at one.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:58 PM

You're right. It does happen a lot more at 15/30. Not really a problem at 2/4 or 3/6.