Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-29-2005, 03:57 AM

Default Curtains made me do it! #3

$215
level 3 (25/50)
7 handed
Seat 3 is button

Seat 9: MrMarchelle ( $1900 )
Seat 8: curtainz ( $2980 )
Seat 5: pseudboy ( $1135 )
Seat 3: Capital2Gain ( $1210 )
Seat 7: kndanice ( $890 )
Seat 10: steveo2005 ( $1590 )
Seat 4: peakman ( $295 )

kndanice folds.

Dealt to curtainz [ Qc Kd ]

So far curtains has gotten some big hands in pre-flop raised pots and dragged enough chips to feed a small Etheopian village for several years....but, ok, I doubt that is necessarily the reason for how he plays KQo preflop here. However, I'm interested in what ppl do here compared to what he actually did.

I will try to find post flop HHs that seem interesting to me but so far the only ones that interst me are all pre-flop, lol.

Yugoslav
Old 12-29-2005, 04:00 AM

Default Re: Curtains made me do it! #3

the pre-flop action is unclear, how does kndanice fold and its on curtains ....pls make it just a little bit clearer
Old 12-29-2005, 04:19 AM

the seats are out of order thats all.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:40 AM

One thought here is seat 4 in the small blind with 295 is very likely to push. Limping and then calling his push could be pretty +$EV here.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:46 AM

yvesaint,

It is clear....look at the seats. Sorry, but this is how the raw HH text was sent to me by the man and while I'm cleaning them up a bit, frankly, Party players should be or should get used to it. Imagine looking through hundreds of these dumb HHs of curtains folding, [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Too bad my PT replayer doesn't work at the moment!

Yugoslav
Old 12-29-2005, 06:20 AM

KQ with 4½ players left to act, I fold.

How tight are those 215s? If people fold 99 to a single raise then by all means go ahead.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:04 AM

Dunno, what I would do here. KQ in that situation is always a tough hand for me. In a normal 15+1 game I put in a standard raise because players rarely come over the top. In a stupid/aggressive game I cannot make the standard raise because I don't know what to do with a 450 reraise. So I fold it in these games.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:46 AM

I would often raise, but sometimes limp here. You could even do a miniraise here [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

At the 50-100 level it's a different story though.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One thought here is seat 4 in the small blind with 295 is very likely to push. Limping and then calling his push could be pretty +$EV here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to say but this is the most FPS type of thing Ive ever seen, and Ive seen similar comments before. Such a method of playing should be completely eliminated from your arsenal IMO. The idea of calling because you suspect some tiny stack will move allin is really crazy to me somehow and I hope that you don't approach other situations where you hold mediocre hands in such a fashion.

I just have too many chips, and a pretty decent hand. Im sure I raised here. When you have 3k chips the hands are a lot easier to play, and your opponents play tighter against you. A hand like this that might normally be not so great, is surely some amount of +EV here. For instance if you are called preflop and make a cont. bet, its a lot less likely your opponent will randomly play back at you, due to your monster stack size.

I don't remember this specific hand, probably because it was boring and I just stole the blinds, but personally I feel that this is a pretty automatic raise given the game situation. I have a huge stack, and there are ways you should behave when you get such a monster stack.

Yes KQo isnt an amazing hand and is one you can "get into trouble with", but not in a situation like this.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:44 AM

For some reason I was had the idea you limped. Now I don't see your action, but I think I even knew at the time you raised.

Anyway, I generally fold. I was just speculating about your move.

I do think about shorty sometimes and whether they will push, but pretty much only when I'm doing something like making a marginal completion of the blinds or limp with small PP and I decide not to do it because of the likelyhood of being raised off the hand. When a maniac busts down to a small stack he is very likely to push the next hand, and also very likely to push his first blind hand.

I wouldn't be thinking only about shorty from so far out of position for sure.