Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Partymine support sucks and my e-mail to the author

What's the deal here?

Your customer service is far below average. Several times over the past 6 weeks I have asked you questions only to get unsatisfactory, delayed responses.

For example, several weeks ago I asked you for help with distributed mining, telling you I had read your documentation on the website, but was still having problems. Your reply basically told me to read your website even though I had told you I did that already. Your response was so unhelpful and so far off I didn't even bother pursuing the matter.

More recently I've had issues with an expired partymine which I'm trying to set up on my laptop in distributed mode, which you are supposed to be able to do if you've payed for a copy already. After 4 days and repeated e-mails you sent me a fix which (suprise, surprise) didn't work.

So instead of dealing with you to try and fix this, I went ahead and payed you another $30 so I could get this working on my laptop. Well guess what, even for that I got an error, I have yet to get a fix from you regarding this issue.

You would think you would be a little more responsive to someone who payed you twice, esp because he gave you the 2nd $30 because he was sick of dealing with your unthoughtful delayed half-assed responses.

Mizzles
Old 11-10-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Partymine support sucks and my e-mail to the author

I have had similar experiences in the past. This poor customer service and generally poor quality of the product (it has always been very buggy and non-intuitive) is annoying but there aren't any attractive alternatives.

someone could definitely step in and right a better product and crush him, unfortunately I don't think the market is big enough for this to be worthwhile for anyone but a hobbyest.

It is what it is though, and it sorta works, so what can you do.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:42 PM

Whenever I've not-wanted an answer to a question, I just posted it to his sh[/i]itty forums. Questions are ignored in the order they are received.
-Sam
Old 11-10-2005, 05:58 PM

Man that are really tough problems you have.
Paid twice [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].

I didn't have any of the problems you described.
I paid through PokerStars and 2h later I received the key, working properly.

I hope you'll get a positive response to your mail.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:51 PM

Exactly. I have a full time job, so this is just a side gig and not much of that. I don't make enough money off this to wipe my butt on, much less have a support staff or 24 hour help to accomodate the few people that have had problems.

Most are activation problems because people DON'T READ the instructions that are sent.

Bottom line. If you don't like it don't buy it.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:53 PM

Why don't you tell the real story as to what happened. I can't verify that every email I send is being received.
Especially to AOL and hotmail accounts that have built in spam protections that see the word poker and filter it.

Usually when this happens I get some rude email to the
effect that I am ignoring the person.

Then I send the entire email thread to them from a different email and they realize what happened.

Which is what happened in this case.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:56 PM

Oh yea?

What bugs have you found?

Have you reported them to me?

Are you running one of the unlimited beta copies?

Did you pay for a copy?
Old 11-11-2005, 11:20 PM

this is exactly why i haven't bought partymine. this prog needs a few more months of working betas and good tech support(like PAHUD) before i would trust dropping $30.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:19 AM

Whats all the uproar about. I used partymine while it was still free and bought it as soon as ver 1 came out. There are a few things I would like it to do better but I also would like my cadi to get better gas mileage too. I have never had a problem that couldn't be fixed with a quick shut down and then restart the program again. Anyone that is not willing to spend $30 because it isn't perfect doesn't understand the value to begin with. By the way if you wait for all programs to work with no bugs your computer would be empty, I've never seen a 100% program or computer. Write your own program. Prod hun keep up the good work, you are appreciated.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:34 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly. I have a full time job, so this is just a side gig and not much of that. I don't make enough money off this to wipe my butt on, much less have a support staff or 24 hour help to accomodate the few people that have had problems.

Most are activation problems because people DON'T READ the instructions that are sent.

Bottom line. If you don't like it don't buy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

<sigh>

I um, ah well....

freakin a why would I give a guy who wants to make a horse's ass out of himself any advice.

<shakes head>