Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-22-2005, 09:00 PM

Default Re: FLUSH!!!!!!!!!

i figured he was a regular since you had 800+ hands on him... I've seen 0504 around but no almost nothing of him. Since he is basically completely unknown to me... i push (i think). I wanna fold tho...
Old 12-22-2005, 09:14 PM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
i figured he was a regular since you had 800+ hands on him... I've seen 0504 around but no almost nothing of him. Since he is basically completely unknown to me... i push (i think). I wanna fold tho...

[/ QUOTE ]

I, also, wanted to fold and pushed instead. He called w/the nut flush. No 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to save me...
Old 12-22-2005, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Results

I'm wondering what you guys think he calls a PSR with following this action, considering he has the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] here almost always.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm wondering what you guys think he calls a PSR with following this action, considering he has the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] here almost always.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, hands that have an ace in them:
AK-AJ, AA (slowplaying AA on Stars is the new black), Axs. Not quite sure why you think this is an obvious A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] situation though.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:29 PM

All I'm saying is this: If he has no [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] but has a strong enough hand to call this push he has to have a set, right (or AK I guess)? But if he has a set, why is he check/calling flop and checking turn? I mean if he had come out with a pot bet on turn, I would have no problem pushing it in, but this guy checking the turn and then making a raise that gives you 3:1 in immediate odds with both of you still having a PSB left sure looks like the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

I think the only hand he ever calls this raise with which is behind is A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Kx or A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Ax.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:40 PM

Hi FF,

Gimme a freaking break, ok? You're only wondering about this because you were behind this time. You should be thinking about getting it all-in without letting another card come off, when he raises the turn. You may let worse hands off the hook by pushing, but the pot's too big to worry about it much. Push.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi FF,

Gimme a freaking break, ok? You're only wondering about this because you were behind this time. You should be thinking about getting it all-in without letting another card come off, when he raises the turn. You may let worse hands off the hook by pushing, but the pot's too big to worry about it much. Push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I do believe this is a legitimately weird line for a set/two pair so I was up against a higher flush or semi-bluff w/A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
When I pushed I was hardly comfortable with my line
Old 12-23-2005, 01:20 AM

I think that line is weird enough to discount the sets quite a bit, and the only two pair he could have is AK (I mean, is he playing 76 this way? Probably not at 22/9, and definitely not unless he's suicidal.)

Realistically, he has a flush, or the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] with a K or Q to go with it, or aces/kings/other set (and again, would he just nearly minraise the turn with those?) I think the line is to call turn, call river, and hope not to have to throw up and fold if the river is, say, the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and he bets the pot.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:59 AM

as much as i dislike your treatment of people who pointed out that AA is in fact a set in this hand, and other assorted issues i have with your posting it shows what level of play youre at that you arent just saying "i have a flopped flush, im all 100% with 100bbs" because yes youre putting villain on a hand range and his likely hand range has you beat, if only because your flush is so small

apply this sort of high level thinking to the ciaffone bottom set example instead of using the typical set = stack mindset

absolutes in this game are a leak, hand reading is profit
Old 12-23-2005, 04:28 AM

The people pointing out that AAA is a set are arguing semantics, not strategy. It's fun to argue against these people.

Heck, case and point.