Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Partymine support sucks and my e-mail to the author

[ QUOTE ]
this is just a side gig and not much of that. I don't make enough money off this to wipe my butt on
Bottom line. If you don't like it don't buy it.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm sad that i paid $30 for this. pokerace hud costs $25 and pokertracker costs $55. by those standards, partymine should cost $6.25.

i have an unrelated question. if i give my login and password for partymine to all my friends, will they _all_ be able to login? i don't think partymine checks-home to verify, does it? i wouldn't want prod1gy to wipe his ass more than he has to.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pokerace hud costs $25 and pokertracker costs $55. by those standards, partymine should cost $6.25.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly why I never purchased the product. $30 is a drop in the bucket to me, I could care less; however, $30 is not in line with the rest of the programs on the market. The support sucked while it was free, I saw no reason that it would change once he charged a ludicrous price. You would think some people would learn from Playerview's history...

<hint>I'm guessing someone will eventually come out with a better product for much cheaper</hint> [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2005, 01:33 PM

Where the hell is all this negativity vs. PartyMine coming from?? And more importantly, where do you get off ripping Prod1gy who developed this for the 2p2 community, and not to make a fortune -- which clearly, he isn't.

I'll say the same thing I said to those people who incessantly ripped on PV Amir for 'shoddy' customer service: Prod1gy provided this program for free for MONTHS, and then decided he was going to charge for it. On what planet does this mean that he's now responsible for maintianing 24/7 customer support reps, or answering your emails within 2 hours of you having sent them?? If you had done your research, you would have found out that this wasn't some corporate conglomorate with dedicated customer support, but rather simply the work product of a single guy who had developed this on his own, and didn't necessarily have the time to be at your beck and call. If you actually paid money for a product before understanding what it was you were paying for or who was behind it, then you're hopelessly retarded. For whatever it's worth, sure sometimes my emails/PMs to Prod1gy take a few days to be returned, but welcome to the real world. I couldn't be happier with the product, and donated long before he even began selling it. Is it the holy grail of mining apps? Far from it, but you detractors are so damn clueless it hurts.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:12 PM

All the repsonses here are exactly why I haven't bothered releasing my mining code.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:20 PM

I don't know what your deal is. Partymine has worked fine for me and Prodigy has been very responsive to every email I have sent him.

In short I'm very happy with the program and it is worth every penny of the 30 it costs.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:39 PM

I had similar problem as the OP but found out that spam filtering had hindered my correspondence with PartyMine..it was quickly rectified.

This product pays for itself within a week or two if you use it wisely..anything else is gravy....All I ask for is functional version of the client. This thing could be sold for 8x as much and I wouldnt think twice about it.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what your deal is. Partymine has worked fine for me and Prodigy has been very responsive to every email I have sent him.

In short I'm very happy with the program and it is worth every penny of the 30 it costs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-12-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yea?

What bugs have you found?

Have you reported them to me?

Are you running one of the unlimited beta copies?

Did you pay for a copy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi -

Listen I wasn't posting just to give you a hard time, just giving an honest opinion. I didn't feel like I was overly harsh in my post, yet take a look at the tone of your reply?

I have emailed you with issues on a number of occasions and never had a satisfactory experience. The last time I emailed you a problem you emailed me back a couple of times trying to diagnose, then said you would "look into it tonight". I then didn't hear from you for a week, and when I finally emailed you back again you told me (in a snippy tone much like your post) that you hadn't gotten back to me because you had no idea what the problem was, maybe I should try to reinstall or something.

And of course I bought your software otherwise I wouldn't have posted here. Do you realize how silly this makes you look as a businessman? This is like me complaining about a problem at a store and having the owner baselessly accuse me of stealing the product in the first place. You sir are a consummate professional.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:39 PM

Just because the author isn't interested in going the extra mile like PokerAce, doesn't mean his program sucks or isn't worth buying.

I too am having a problem with PartyMine right now, but it's a product I want, and let's not forget if you were paying any attention around here, you knew he could be unavailable for extended periods of time. We basically begged him here to make it available in some format or another when he was trying to sell it off and be rid of it.

So yes, customer service could be better, but let's not make a huge deal of it.

On second thoughts... no it sucks. Don't buy it. Don't mine Party. Nothing to see here, move on. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2005, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where the hell is all this negativity vs. PartyMine coming from?? And more importantly, where do you get off ripping Prod1gy who developed this for the 2p2 community, and not to make a fortune -- which clearly, he isn't.

I'll say the same thing I said to those people who incessantly ripped on PV Amir for 'shoddy' customer service: Prod1gy provided this program for free for MONTHS, and then decided he was going to charge for it. On what planet does this mean that he's now responsible for maintianing 24/7 customer support reps, or answering your emails within 2 hours of you having sent them?? If you had done your research, you would have found out that this wasn't some corporate conglomorate with dedicated customer support, but rather simply the work product of a single guy who had developed this on his own, and didn't necessarily have the time to be at your beck and call. If you actually paid money for a product before understanding what it was you were paying for or who was behind it, then you're hopelessly retarded. For whatever it's worth, sure sometimes my emails/PMs to Prod1gy take a few days to be returned, but welcome to the real world. I couldn't be happier with the product, and donated long before he even began selling it. Is it the holy grail of mining apps? Far from it, but you detractors are so damn clueless it hurts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Who the hell wants to write a program and give 24/7 customer support to a niche market of poker players who are only paying $30 a pop? Think about it. It's simple supply and demand. There's no demand at the moment, so we should be happy there's even a little supply. Now maybe if 200 of us were willing to shell out $300 per copy, then we'd have a little bargaining power.