Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: So my illegal cashout worked, now what...?

When dealing with corporations and support departments, remember:

"Never suspect malicious intent where mere incompetence will do."

It doesn't quite apply exactly here, but it's a great quote, and the sentiment applies. . . If they are asking you to update your address so that your credit card address matches your current address, that's almost certainly all they're asking for. They're probably not looking for your age or a way to whack you at all. If the were, they would not have let the $2000 out. They're just doing their due diligence in making sure their credit card record keeping is accurate so that they don't give credit card scammers an easy ride on their system. In effect, they're protecting YOU. (Just wait until you have a credit card stolen! It sucks.)

I'd give them your address. I deal with such requests all the time: I use a bill payment service (paytrust.com) which redirects my incoming bills to a centralized location in another state. They scan my bills; I access them online and set up autmoated payments. This means my billing address for most credit cards is not the same as my home address, which often confuses vendors. C'est la vie.

So I say, if they're just asking for an address update, update your address. If they need proof of address faxed in, find (or come up with) something that shows your address but not your age. For example, fax them a copy of your credit card statement with your current name and address. That should do, and it won't show your age, and it should satisfy them. Excess paranoia is generally unwarranted; it just makes you lose sleep and spend too many hours on forums debating what is probably a non-issue.

Of course, I could be wrong.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From this post ,

So my $2000 cash out was successful, and I am yet to reply to the e-mail asking for my correct identity. Should I bother replying, and if so, what should I say? I am not too keen on providing my real address since i'm 17 [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
I am going to wait now 'till i'm 18 to play again - although I would still like to keep my Prima account...
This shows how much Prima security sucks.
Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

THis is going on with me and Full Tilt right now...They said I could cashout until I sent in my ID..well, I tried to cashout and it got voided and they emailed me saying the same thing...I tried to cashout again and it got voided and they emailed me once again...I tried trasfering the money to a friends account and that got voided and they emailed me again...I tried cashing out again and when I woke up and checked my Neteller all the money had went through...I still have money on the site and have been playing and have cashed out since then as well, I still havent sent my ID..

I think its funny though that the email said "We have many case of people under 21 playing on our site, we just want to make sure that isnt the case here..."

Then they let me have my money!! LOL!!
Old 12-17-2005, 12:29 PM

I suspect that each time you tried to cash out, a different SWAB was assigned to review the cashout. (That's Slob With A Job.)

On your fourth try, you got a SWAB who hadn't had enough coffee yet. Congratulations!

But you may not be able to get lucky cashing out again. . . you should probably deal with that issue rather than playing on. It will all be zero-profit play if you don't deal with the problem!