Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: 2nd Hand of 15 +1 call this?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well I should state at this point for information sake that he had 95o. SO your right I definately should of bet turn. Ironicaly enough, my check was to induce a bluff on river if I was in fact ahead. I figure this was the same as betting and being called on turn. Any thoughts on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

PF raise=bad
Flop bet=good
turn check=good
river call=bad

Ironically, i like the turn check cas I want to save up my stack for later in a situation less ambiguous. Ok, it turned out he was a donk or had you on AK (stupid in and of itself) and got lucky . But, the flat flop call indicates great strength. If this were later on, I'd love this flop obviously. But with 3 players in calling god know what PPs, I am a little hesitant after being cold called for 2/3 pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be a donk or maybe I had a read.
My Thoughts: I dont like my call of the PFR, but as I recall you had been entering every pot up until this point and I did not respect your raise. After the flop I which I had a part of, I had you on any two high cards, and I thought you were taking a stab at the pot, so I call. If you would have bet on the turn I could have let this go, but your check on the turn allowed me a free card. As for the river this was still level 1 and you had already put your chips in the middle several times, so there was a chance you would call my push, If you did not then I would win a nice pot and not have to show my junk hand.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well I should state at this point for information sake that he had 95o. SO your right I definately should of bet turn. Ironicaly enough, my check was to induce a bluff on river if I was in fact ahead. I figure this was the same as betting and being called on turn. Any thoughts on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

PF raise=bad
Flop bet=good
turn check=good
river call=bad

Ironically, i like the turn check cas I want to save up my stack for later in a situation less ambiguous. Ok, it turned out he was a donk or had you on AK (stupid in and of itself) and got lucky . But, the flat flop call indicates great strength. If this were later on, I'd love this flop obviously. But with 3 players in calling god know what PPs, I am a little hesitant after being cold called for 2/3 pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be a donk or maybe I had a read.
My Thoughts: I dont like my call of the PFR, but as I recall you had been entering every pot up until this point and I did not respect your raise. After the flop I which I had a part of, I had you on any two high cards, and I thought you were taking a stab at the pot, so I call. If you would have bet on the turn I could have let this go, but your check on the turn allowed me a free card. As for the river this was still level 1 and you had already put your chips in the middle several times, so there was a chance you would call my push, If you did not then I would win a nice pot and not have to show my junk hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok...i wasnt even there I guess. But...

Lunchmeat, even if you dont respect his raise, what is your 95 ahead of? 72? this type of play is very -EV for level I of a sng. Youve been watching too much tv. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2005, 03:17 PM

I think a raise here w/ no limpers isn't a leak, but with the limper I agree that a call here is better.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you overthought it on all levels. you gave a free card to a calling station that turned over 95o to beat you. keep it a bit more simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. hero doesnt know villain is a calling station so I dont know what you mean byt that...its not helpful.

2. How much would you bet this turn? the pot is 850, hero has ~1100 left. Any reasonable bet on this turn has to approximate half the pot or you might just beg for a reraise. either you're ahead or behind here. No reasonable draw on the board.

Yeah, I guess you're right...If villain flips his cards over this is an easy hand.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and you had already put your chips in the middle several times, so there was a chance you would call my push, If you did not then I would win a nice pot and not have to show my junk hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP said this was the second hand of the tourney
Old 08-24-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2. How much would you bet this turn? the pot is 850, hero has ~1100 left. Any reasonable bet on this turn has to approximate half the pot or you might just beg for a reraise. either you're ahead or behind here. No reasonable draw on the board.

Yeah, I guess you're right...If villain flips his cards over this is an easy hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd bet about 4-5 hundred. if i'm called i'm (probably) beaten. however, i've got to give my opponent an opportunity to lay down his hand, not give him a free card to catch me.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:35 PM

Yes I have been outed as Roland, not that it ws that hard to figure out.

This turn pops up all the time for me. Still not sure how to play it.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd bet about 4-5 hundred. if i'm called i'm (probably) beaten. however, i've got to give my opponent an opportunity to lay down his hand, not give him a free card to catch me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forget the results! Whats he catching on the river? This is one of the most draw free boards possible. Villain called 240 in 370 pot on the flop, called a pf raise and I know nothing about him bc its the second hand. I am not necessarily going to give him credit for beating me, but, I am not going to bet 500 to find out here with my holding!!!

All in all, this is why AT sucks
Old 08-24-2005, 04:38 PM

Of all my my recent posts this one is turning out to be the most helpful. My ROI has dropped from a little over $3 a game in the 16's to about 2.50. Over the last 200 or so. I am pretty sure I can narrow this down to loose play in the early stages. I will try to post some more early hands that have been a cause for concern
Old 08-24-2005, 04:43 PM

i'm not sure what the level of play is like at 15+1 at pokerstars, but the 10+1 at UB i bet 500 on the turn and get called by ace high, or A5-A6.