Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 01:51 PM

Default 10-20 NLH -- Good spot for a turn bluff?

10-20 NLH Pokerroom -- 4 handed

Villain is this hand is one of the 2 or three best players on this site (Irishcurve for the those who play in this game). He is solid and aggressive. He is capable of big bluffs and big laydowns and does a pretty good job of choosing his spots. Villain has played with me a number of times before and I am pretty sure that he respects my play. He probably views me as tricky aggressive. Effective stack sizes are approximately $2700.

Preflop

Folded to me on the Button. I raise to $80 with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Villain calls in the BB.

Flop

J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Villain bets $160. I call.

Turn

8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain bets $500. I am 90% sure that I am behind here. AK or AQ with a nut flush draw is the only hand that I may be beating. I raise all-in.

Good spot or no?
Old 08-28-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: 10-20 NLH -- Good spot for a turn bluff?

I assume that people view this as too read dependent to analyze.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:55 PM

The villain doesn't seem too worried about the flush hitting as he fired another pot size bet...Like you said, not sure what you are ahead of here and more importantly, villain doesn't show any inclination of wanting to fold this hand. I think I fold here and wait for a better spot
Old 08-28-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
10-20 NLH Pokerroom -- 4 handed

Villain is this hand is one of the 2 or three best players on this site (Irishcurve for the those who play in this game). He is solid and aggressive. He is capable of big bluffs and big laydowns and does a pretty good job of choosing his spots. Villain has played with me a number of times before and I am pretty sure that he respects my play. He probably views me as tricky aggressive. Effective stack sizes are approximately $2700.

Preflop

Folded to me on the Button. I raise to $80 with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Villain calls in the BB.

Flop

J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Villain bets $160. I call.

Turn

8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain bets $500. I am 90% sure that I am behind here. AK or AQ with a nut flush draw is the only hand that I may be beating. I raise all-in.

Good spot or no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Irish is not much of a folder in my experience. I don't think he's dropping the straight here. You may or may not be able to push out a set.

I'm not sure what you're representing here; it's an unusual way to play a flush.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Irish is not much of a folder in my experience. I don't think he's dropping the straight here. You may or may not be able to push out a set.

I'm not sure what you're representing here; it's an unusual way to play a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I put him on a set, it doesn't seem like such a strange way to play a flush or a straight. I agree that I don't get him off a straight here. Would you expect to see a straight from him very often here?
Old 08-28-2005, 07:16 PM

bad, considering your 90% sure your beat.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]wow.
HE IS BLUFFING.
HIS HAND IS IRRELEVANT.
IF AT IS GOOD, THAT CHANGES NOTHING.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I put him on a set, it doesn't seem like such a strange way to play a flush or a straight. I agree that I don't get him off a straight here. Would you expect to see a straight from him very often here?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but I never expect the stuff he turns up. Perhaps that's why you rate him so highly.

I don't think he's folding a set here either, your raise is so big he might get suspicious? I dunno.

Agreed that it's raise or fold. I think fold is better though.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:25 PM

i think this is a really bad spot to bluff
if he has something then it would be something close to a monster
and an all in reraise looks like a bluff too much

i agree that u should ve raised him on the flop to find out where you were. he might have bet out with a flush draw to keep you guessing.

or even, maybe he just had a jack (qj perhaps?), knowning that you would probably raise him on the flop if you had TPTK or aq/ak with flushdraw, and since you didnt raise him he knew he was good and he woudl probably call your bluff looking all in on the turn.

i think, no matter what you had on the flop, if you were gonan call you shoudl ve raised, because that flop is too dangerous, with every single draw possible.

instead of putting more money on the turn, how about raise to 3 x his bet on the flop? what do u guys think?
Old 08-29-2005, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, that's why its a bluff